Who would you have build a John Davis conversion?

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
I am thinking about getting another John Davis Blank built and was just wondering what cuemakers people would recommend for the conversion?

I just had Darrin Hill do one so someone else. I am thinking about Paul Drexler.

What do you think?
 
I am thinking about getting another John Davis Blank built and was just wondering what cuemakers people would recommend for the conversion?

I just had Darrin Hill do one so someone else. I am thinking about Paul Drexler.

What do you think?

Nice thread and love to see pics of this cue.
 
send me an email

Nice thread and love to see pics of this cue.

Shoot me an email and I'll send some. The cue has an ebony nose, bacote butt, bushka style veneers (g, bk, or), ivory joint and Hoppe ring, both surrounded by silver dash rings that Darrin made and short ivory ferrules.
 
Cory Barnhart.

I have one of his Davis conversions w/ a flatface ivory joint somewhere in the For Sale thread. Check it out. If you like what you see you should consider ordering one from him to your specifications.
 
nice

Cory Barnhart.

I have one of his Davis conversions w/ a flatface ivory joint somewhere in the For Sale thread. Check it out. If you like what you see you should consider ordering one from him to your specifications.

Yeah I saw it. Very nice except I want a reversed one with the darker wood up front.
 
I am thinking about Paul Drexler.

What do you think?

I have never met Mr. Drexler, but he took time to speak with me for quite a while this past weekend, and very patiently, pleasantly answered my clueless, "interested enthusiast" questions.

I was really impressed with what a knowledgeable, yet down to earth guy he was.

If I had money to spend on a high end cue, he'd be high up on the list.
 
No more suggestions? Maybe Rick Howard.

I think Rick makes a fantastic playing, WAY underrated/valued cue and I am quite sure he would do a hell of a job on it for you.

However, my ultimate Davis conversion cue would be done by Tascarella without question.
 
Roger at Corsair Custom Cues. I have never had the opportunity to own one, but I have seen and hit with 2 of their conversions. Just Awesom.
 
Last edited:
I would consider Michael Webb as well. I like his cues a lot and his prices are more than fair. I think he can do whatever you need.

I don't think you can go wrong with Drexler either.

Chris
 
Back
Top