Who's in top form to win --- Turning Stone ???

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I guess I'm behind the news curve on this one, by why aren't Van Boening and Fiejen playing in this tournament? They'd be among my top picks.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I'm behind the news curve on this one, by why aren't Van Boening and Fiejen playing in this tournament? They'd be among my top picks.

Niels is expecting a new addition to his family with his wife any day now and shane is in China playing in an international eight ball tournament.

Ive only seen niels at turning stone back in summer of 2007, always hope to see him again since he is a favorite of mine to watch.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
Niels is expecting a new addition to his family with his wife any day now and shane is in China playing in an international eight ball tournament.

Ive only seen niels at turning stone back in summer of 2007, always hope to see him again since he is a favorite of mine to watch.

I don't think Shane's in China, I don't see his name in the brackets. Probably taking a much needed and deserved rest from pool right now.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since this is Jeffrey Ignacio's first trip to the USA, I am quite surprised that quite a few are mentioning his name as one of the favorites. But then 2 previously unknown players won in the Pacman doubles last December, so he might just be a dark horse.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Shane's in China, I don't see his name in the brackets. Probably taking a much needed and deserved rest from pool right now.

I thought someone posted the photo of all the players and Shane was included, but I haven't seen his name in contention ago you are most likely right.

When would be a good time for a break is a good question. Maybe taking late December/early January off to recharge is his plan.

He'll come out swinging at Derby

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
I thought someone posted the photo of all the players and Shane was included, but I haven't seen his name in contention ago you are most likely right.

When would be a good time for a break is a good question. Maybe taking late December/early January off to recharge is his plan.

He'll come out swinging at Derby

Agreed. I expect him to arrive at DCC guns blazing. Too long of a break is not good, might get a little cold.

nicksaint26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane

I saw on Facebook Shane just bought a sweet new Chevy Pick up so I don't think he is in China. A well deserved purchase after a spectacular year!

Last edited:

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
I saw on Facebook Shane just bought a sweet new Chevy Pick up so I don't think he is in China. A well deserved purchase after a spectacular year!

Nice, he can use that to pile up all the money he's going to accumulate in 2015.

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take Joe Dupuis! I don't think he'll win but he sure is fun to watch.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JA says that he's attempting a busy '15 to get his game back in the mix. And it would be hard to go against his track record if he is motivated to returning to form. Also it seems that Shaw and Dechaine are at the top of all these events.

However, if it is 2015 and Ignacio is in the room, I'm guessing that he would give weight to any of the names listed here in after hours. I predict Ignacio.

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree shaw v dechaine, might give dechaine the edge 9 ball as more luck involved and breaks little better, Shaw advantage playing 10 ball IMO
got t be them two i mean all the best players in world aare playing in china

Its opposite. Dechaine is fav in 10 ball

gmoney1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JA says that he's attempting a busy '15 to get his game back in the mix. And it would be hard to go against his track record if he is motivated to returning to form. Also it seems that Shaw and Dechaine are at the top of all these events.

However, if it is 2015 and Ignacio is in the room, I'm guessing that he would give weight to any of the names listed here in after hours. I predict Ignacio.

If he gives archer anything. BET!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to this
It starts 4pm about 5 hours from now

Anyone knows if the brackets up yet? Don't see brackets posted yet in Live stream area :D

sjm

Sweating it at Derby City
Silver Member
Sossei deserves more mention than he's getting. Yes, Dechaine and Shaw win most of the Joss tour events, and both have won at Turning Stone. I get that. But Jeremy is the only other guy who tends to win titles on that incredibly difficult tour. Jeremy's track record is far better than that of Joss Tour fourth best Earl Strickland. D'Alfonso and Casanzio are the others among the cream of the Joss Tour crop, and either is capable of a deep run.

Watch out for Sossei!