Who's playing straight pool today?

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
i wish i was, but work kinda gets in the way.

i will be practicing some 14.1 later tonight though !

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got home from 4 solid hours of pool. No 14:1 today. All 8 ball. I started out like a pro. It lasted for about 7 games and then I hit the wall. That lasted for quite awhile and then I picked up again. I'm hoping that my frequent opponent, half-fast Larry will be able to play over the weekend. As usual, if I run 100 you will be the first to know.

Dave Nelson

Schlosser Cases

Schlosser Cases
Silver Member
Was fast on my way to hitting a new high run today. When lost focus and missed an easy ball on a wide open table in the 5th rack. This game is a lot harder than i thought it wold be. I been playing 14.1 for about 2 months now.

MaryAvina.com

pool whats that?
Silver Member
My second favorite game

I did some 14-1 today got a bit frustrated on my 4th rack. The best I did was 8 balls. Then again my table is not set up for 14-1. I mostly do it to force myself to get in stroke no am not there dam and I have 25$ entry and i forget how much added a Nine ball tournament tomorrow. I did 150 balls today my pockets are to small for the game lol.

hugs keep playing
mary:wink:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Keep up the good work

I did some 14-1 today got a bit frustrated on my 4th rack. The best I did was 8 balls. Then again my table is not set up for 14-1. I mostly do it to force myself to get in stroke no am not there dam and I have 25$ entry and i forget how much added a Nine ball tournament tomorrow. I did 150 balls today my pockets are to small for the game lol.

hugs keep playing
mary:wink:

You seem very dedicated. Good luck to you in the future.

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hoping hoping hoping to play 14:1 today. If I run more than 7 I'll pay for an annoucement in the local paper.

Dave Nelson

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I Hit some balls last night.

Started out playing real strong and focussed, ran a 49 right out of the gate.

but then it fizzled, was pretty exhausted from a long week of work !

Gonna hit the table again tonight !

Steve

bakermaker

Recreational Player
Silver Member
14.1 Night at the Mexican Pool Hall

I played some last night on an 8x4 with a buddy of mine. I won the first one 100 to 60 something with a 29 high run. I couldnt get anything going on the next game and lost by about the same margin. The bar was about to close so instead of getting another straight pool game going we just played a few racks of 9. I look forward to our next matchup, as we are both have a competitive spirit. It makes for an exciting game when both players are the same speed. I doubt I can break free of the house this evening (its me and mine's 2 yr anniversary) but you better believe there will be some more 14.1 before the weekend is up!!

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran another 28 today. Had a very sharp cut on my break ball and hit it great but it got slammed by another ball on the way in.:eek:

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran a 55 today. Left a ball on the rail just below the side for the key ball because I couldn't get to it earlier, got great shape on it and missed it with perfect position for the next break shot.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
came home had some dinner and coffee, went back and ran a 58 and a 53....

Ran a 55 today. Left a ball on the rail just below the side for the key ball because I couldn't get to it earlier, got great shape on it and missed it with perfect position for the next break shot.

Very nice!!!:)

Had a 20 this weekend...still trying to get into the 30's :banghead: Maybe I need to clean my table and balls to get motivated.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice!!!:)

Had a 20 this weekend...still trying to get into the 30's :banghead: Maybe I need to clean my table and balls to get motivated.

Wiping the bed of the table lightly with a good rag that's a little damp helps. I try to do this before I play. The clean cloth will help clean the balls for you as you play if you don't have a polisher and don't want to spend the time to clean them by hand. The cloth should dry in a couple of minutes if you don't get it too wet. I've heard from experts that it is good for the cloth, and I believe it is true.

The clean cloth won't polish the balls as slippery as a polisher, but it helps a lot.

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't play yesterday :eek:. Got a 29 today. Was good and close to my key ball, had to draw it a few inches and came a little short. Broke the balls out some but had a crappy bank. Missed it and flew my cueball off the table onto concrete and into brick wall trying to break the rack.