Who's playing straight pool today?

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
just ordered some new balls and they should be here in a few days...I CAN"T WAIT!!! Brunkswick Centennials:woot: Now I just need to refinish my table and I should be running 100's in no time:cool:

Otto

As soon as I get off work. Heading out to Golden Fleece in Kenmore, WA to play with my regular practice partner. Been looking forward to it for six days. Study, practice, learn, repeat.

Misha

IF I can find an instructor in So CA, and a room that caters to that sort of trash:grin:, I'll be playing very soon. I've always loved the beauty and pure shot making it takes to play it straight.

Of course I have no idea how to match up in any game.....and I DO love to bet on pool games.

:eek::groucho:

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Centennials

just ordered some new balls and they should be here in a few days...I CAN"T WAIT!!! Brunkswick Centennials:woot: Now I just need to refinish my table and I should be running 100's in no time:cool:

Your really going to like the Centennials. I would never have any other type on my table. They play great & are the best looking of all balls.
Good luck with them.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I have been playing 14.1 everyday this week !

Plus I think it's great, the room I play in which was dominated by nickel and dime action in 9 ball "action" during the day is now dominating by straight pool.

Walked in today and yesterday and 8 of the 9 tables that were being used had straight pool games going on, at various levels.

It was a real nice sight to see, especially since it was mainly Charlie and I that got that movement going by creating the straight pool league. Which is currently in our second season, bit unfortunatly we will be real lucky if we get to finish the season with all the drama that has happened thus far.

Steve

unknownpro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had two runs of 43 Monday. Last night I ran a 42 and a smooth 76 until I got careless with position and stuck myself on top of a ball with a wide open table. I was getting good angles on my break shots.

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been playing 14.1 everyday this week !

. Which is currently in our second season, bit unfortunatly we will be real lucky if we get to finish the season with all the drama that has happened thus far.

Steve

I am running 3 straight pool leagues. What kind of drama are you having?
If it's NOMB that's alright. Just looking to ward off potential problems.
Andy

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Hey,

What do you meam by NOMB ?

And yes drama is a plenty, its who is too high, who is too low, who takes too long to shoot, and the tables play too slow !!!!! Blah Blah Blah

Oh well you try to set up something nice for everyone to be a part of every week, and have a night out and this is what happens. No more mister nice guy routine for me, now i am looking towards taking the whole thing down.

I have the High Run of League, am in the lead for cumulative high run, and i am currently tied for Second or 3rd with Charlie aka forumghost516

Steve

Demondrew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NOMB (none of my business).

The problems are the same here (some justified). I like to remind everyone that they and their opponent are playing on the same table.

Slow play is the biggest problem, I tell the guys it's not nine ball and the pace is a little slower. I also ask the slow players to try and pick up the pace. This has not been something that I can change with a shot clock. The player that is the slowest is just about sixty-seconds, not too bad, except it is on every shot.

I have some complaints about the equipment, GC2's and 3's. They are setup poorly and have different cloth on some tables some nights you shoot on Simonis 760 and other nights you shoot on Mali. There are some rolls on each of the tables that can drive you crazy. Dead spots on the rails, loose facings on pockets. . . you get the idea.

I have a few leagues going in the area and have a new room that wants to start a straight pool league in January. I'm sure there will be problems there too. I just comes with the territory.

I will most likely lose one league because of the lack of interest (the room is mostly one-pocket).

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
made a 5 ball combo yesterday and got hooked a few shots later:mad:

you know I once broke and didn't make anything playing 8 ball, there was a 7 ball combo and i paid my buddy $20 to let me shoot it.....It was sweet:grin: big horseshoe combo ill never forget that.

Just got my light installed and will be getting some centinneals and diamond rack form one of our fellow az members this week....straight pool is one of my favorite games.

Look for a nice high run soon fellas:grin:

Honestly it was the first game I ever learned to play, and is the premeir reason I play 8 ball and one hole so well.

The game is easy, the concentration is the hardest part....

does anyone ever play 14.1 line up? thats a fun one too

Otto

I'm looking forward to my regular game at Temple Billiards here in Seattle. It's a nice room in an old brick building in Pioneer Square. It has seven fine old reproduction tables with leather pockets and new Simonis.

Last week I got a 26 ball run in our game to 50; looking to do it again and more!