Why do pros do bar box tournaments? Serious reply's only

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
So I have seen some videos online of Shane and Earl etc doing bar box tournaments. I am wondering why they do these? Is it a they need the money thing? Is it cause they are contractually obligated to? Is it because they want to? I mean I do not like bar boxes and I am assuming pro's do not ether. If I was a pro I would consider bar boxes beneath me. So I was wondering. Please only post serious reply's I am legit asking. Non serious reply's will be reported.

Thanks
Money. They like to eat.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
So I have seen some videos online of Shane and Earl etc doing bar box tournaments. I am wondering why they do these? Is it a they need the money thing? Is it cause they are contractually obligated to? Is it because they want to? I mean I do not like bar boxes and I am assuming pro's do not ether. If I was a pro I would consider bar boxes beneath me. So I was wondering. Please only post serious reply's I am legit asking. Non serious reply's will be reported.

Thanks
Threatening "reporting" is a really bad look.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You should show up to a pro event and give em what for about pros playing on baby tables
If Earl or Shane or Efren show up where I live and play on a bar box I would. Those are the only pros I know of. Just from what I have seen of Earl I think we would get along on the hating bar box front.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
If Earl or Shane or Efren show up where I live and play on a bar box I would. Those are the only pros I know of. Just from what I have seen of Earl I think we would get along on the hating bar box front.
Earl came to our small potatoes bar box tournament in DELCO PA twice. Definitely for the $$.
I love Earl. He looked very engaged giving lessons and talking with the fans.
The second year he got knocked out of the tournament by a local guy. Packed his stuff and left.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl came to our small potatoes tournament in DELCO PA twice. Definitely for the $$
I love Earl. He looked very engaged giving lessons and talking with the fans.
The second year he got knocked out of the tournament by a local guy. Packed his stuff and left.
Did he say anything about bar boxes? You said it was definitely for the money implying if he could get money other ways he would have not been there at all.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Did he say anything about bar boxes? You said it was definitely for the money implying if he could get money other ways he would have not been there at all.
He actually said something like: "People bad mouth these tables but they're not that easy."
Really. I hang around any table Earl plays on.
I'm no lover of bar boxes but he did say something like that. That was the last year we had Valley tables too. His second time we had Diamonds. Clarion Hotel in Tinnicum, PA.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
I didn't ask him about the $$, but I can only guess.
It wasn't big $$ and definitely not on the map for pros.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Another one that gets a few pros is the High Desert Shootout in Wyoming. (Think that's the name) Saratoga and 8 ball. Valley Tables too.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I'll keep you posted so you can give us a report on you scolding the pros for playing on baby tables

PracticeChampion

Next weekend I think it is Efren is going to players club in Columbus Ohio to play someone, kinda small place so only letting in 20 people

AF pool guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another one that gets a few pros is the High Desert Shootout in Wyoming. (Think that's the name) Saratoga and 8 ball. Valley Tables too.

Yep, had a friend who went up there and posted on Facebook when he lost to Shane.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I played Earl in Vegas, on a bar box over ten years ago. It cost me $20 for a race to two. He let me know that he really liked the fact that if the chalk was on the other side of the table it was no big deal. Twice I watched him step over the table to grab it.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Next weekend I think it is Efren is going to players club in Columbus Ohio to play someone, kinda small place so only letting in 20 people
I think you have your states wrong if you are talking about matching up with Bergman.
There is a place in Columbus called Players (or at least there was) off of Hamilton.