Why do pros do bar box tournaments? Serious reply's only

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Matt is a 2 time super billiards expo pro am champion, 8 time Mezz tour player of the year, Maryland 9 ball and 8 ball state champion, New Jersey 9 ball and 8ball state champion, and former UPA pro tour rookie

This is the only one I have seen where earl says anything close to bad mouthing a bar box. He said he did not want to be there and that is was an invite and money and that he never thought he would get excited over a bar box tournament. Also he beat this guy 7 to 2. I have never heard of his opponent is he any good?

Had to beat him twice. That's the tournament I was talking about.
His first trip.
Pretty sure Matt was the one that knocked him to the 1 loss side. Earlier he was laughing it up and saying that the tables were not as easy as everyone said.
"Didn't wanna be there" and all that crying started after he lost. He was in a great mood before that. Typical Earl. I'm a big fan, but when things don't go his way he changes. We all know that.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Who reporting to? Did someone make you the rule guy for this forum? Lol Can't decide which banned member you are, too many idiots have come and gone to keep track.
We could start a thread in Action for guess who he is, but I think the consensus is it's Justin.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Raise your hand if OP messaged you and asked "what's your problem with me"
I know 2 people in this thread have been blessed via PM's.
He messaged here on this thread May 5th.
He also sent me this FB message April 3rd, sent by a guy named "Justin Bryson" ~

"Hi Johnny, I was lurking on AZB today, and noticed you referring to that jaime_lion guy as Justin, lol. I am not sure if you and Texas Carom Club really think that guy is me, but I want to assure you that that person is not me, so you guys should leave that guy alone, and allow him to post whatever he wants to. I am finished posting on AZB, and am only a lurker now. Thanks to the new AZB website, it allows me to search threads without actually having to sign up. All of my previous user names on AZB have been banned though. I never had more then 1 user name at a time on there though, and was on there for around 7 years without any other user names. I only got nasty with people after they got nasty with me, and I never trolled anyones threads, or broke any forum rules. I feel that it was very unfair that I ever got banned in the 1st place. Anyways, again, that Jaime Lion guy on AZB is not me, nor is anyone else who is currently posting."

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He messaged here on this thread May 5th.
He also sent me this FB message April 3rd, sent by a guy named "Justin Bryson" ~

"Hi Johnny, I was lurking on AZB today, and noticed you referring to that jaime_lion guy as Justin, lol. I am not sure if you and Texas Carom Club really think that guy is me, but I want to assure you that that person is not me, so you guys should leave that guy alone, and allow him to post whatever he wants to. I am finished posting on AZB, and am only a lurker now. Thanks to the new AZB website, it allows me to search threads without actually having to sign up. All of my previous user names on AZB have been banned though. I never had more then 1 user name at a time on there though, and was on there for around 7 years without any other user names. I only got nasty with people after they got nasty with me, and I never trolled anyones threads, or broke any forum rules. I feel that it was very unfair that I ever got banned in the 1st place. Anyways, again, that Jaime Lion guy on AZB is not me, nor is anyone else who is currently posting."
Not that your going to believe this but what he says is true. I am not Justin. I don't message people on Facebook I don't really even use it but to check like 3 pages. A page for a pool hall a page for axe throwing and a furry page. Nothing more. I don't even post there. I wish a mod would say hey we have looked at his IP address and it is not just so stop saying that. But that apparently will not happen.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have to threaten people to try to get them to not mock your question there's a good chance your question is goofy.
His question isn't that goofy, that's why it is strange to say that you will report people for non-serious replies- don't know why he would expect such replies. It's not like he asked why pigs can't fly or something. It is a legitimate question to a degree.

jaime_lion

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His question isn't that goofy, that's why it is strange to say that you will report people for non-serious replies- don't know why he would expect such replies. It's not like he asked why pigs can't fly or something. It is a legitimate question to a degree.

Take a look at my other threads. Where I ask what I consider serious questions. That is the reason I ask. I ask stuff like why do I have to pay twice if I play twice in APA and am called a cheapskate. Or I expect well kept bar boxes at bars and complain when they are not well kept. I am told to quit complaining. and just play. I am routinely called justin because someone decided that I am a user named justin even though I am not.

Or I ask a question about sticking straws in a coin chute to get free pool just as a theoretical question to see if it would work. I even link a video I saw of it on youtube. People never really answered that question just told me stories of the good old days when such and such did such and such thing to things and such.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Those that hold barboxes in contempt are showing their ignorance a bit. When you tangle with a master barbox player on a barbox you quickly realize that it is a different skillset but one skillset isn't superior to the other. You see the guy breaking up clusters and running patterns on the nine footer seemingly with the greatest of ease? Chances are he cut his teeth on a barbox!

Most pool players will say that a 6x12 snooker table is huge! The surprising thing is that snooker feels more like barbox play than nine foot table play. If you get down in the killing field it is all red balls and the seven with an occasional bailout on the six or five if needed. Your playing area making a red and a seven over and over is a very congested three by six foot area, smaller than most barboxes!

The same people knock barboxes and fear snooker tables!

The pro's play where they most benefit from playing. The thing they hate most about barboxes is the danger of running into an unknown that smokes them on a barbox in a short race. Nobody wins sitting in a chair. Because of much more availability of barboxes there are probably five guys that can lock you in a chair for a tournament set on a barbox for every one that can do that to you on a nine footer.

Hu

PracticeChampion

Not sure how long ago but I watch SVB and Corey duell gambling on a barbox on YouTube, probably at a barbox tournament but they seemed to be having a good time and was locked in some serious safety battles. Excellent watch from a fan perspective

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure CSI put on a pro 10-ball and 8-ball tournament on Diamond Bar Boxes. 8-ball is a much more difficult game on a bar box for sure. White Diamonds tournament is also a huge money tournament played on bar boxes.