Why does people keep saying,the last 2 or the 8 or 7 doesnt mean much?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I learned some years ago,when i got a sucker stuck(in ur case not a sucker)dont give a sucker an 2nd chance,iam not going to change the game the same day,if we quit and iam a big winner that day,then i will change the game the next day,dont change the game when u got someone stuck,make them quit and come back tomorrow,then change it.

Your right, He is a winning poker player from Germany. He is triple smart, I got greedy and liked the action and I should have been happy with the $5400 and ended it there. I didnt shame on me, I figured I could win more, but the weight got heavy too much to fade and after 3 weeks I lost 9 bones, big swing. Not my brighest move for sure, but perhaps the best pool I played, thats why I stayed in the game and kept playing, I liked how good I was playing so I kept playing and that was stupid.

I have played bad and got the $$$, in this case I played great and lost. I put playing good above smart $$$ management. Thats not good, I know better.

Last edited:

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bartman and Appleton

Didn't Chris get the 8 from him last year? From what I remember reading it seemed like the 8 came into play alot.

When I had my pool hall Chuck Ralston gave Lutman a ball and it came into play alot. I think they were playing 8 ahead and Lutman made it on the break several times and a few combos.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right, He is a winning poker player from Germany. He is triple smart, I got greedy and liked the action and I should have been happy with the $5400 and ended it there. I didnt shame on me, I figured I could win more, but the weight got heavy too much to fade and after 3 weeks I lost 9 bones, big swing. Not my brighest move for sure, but perhaps the best pool I played, thats why I stayed in the game and kept playing, I liked how good I was playing so I kept playing and that was stupid.

I have played bad and got the $$$, in this case I played great and lost. I put playing good above smart $$$ management. Thats not good, I know better.

I know u knew better,i glad u didnt take it the wrong way and thought i was trying to b a smart ass and tell u something.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 8!

Great story Fatboy and I like Richibalto, dont like changing and the bet on the same day. If i have a guy in a spot he cant win, i aint going to give him the money back the same day i won it...., unless i really like the guy and the game is friendly and cheap.

I have gotten the 8 and the last two from alot of good players and thae spot has come up plenty and when i have won they have always wanted to play me even..., so if the spot doesnt mean anything way sak to get off of it??

I have also lost a few and asked for the and beed told that i must be crazy! I think it counts and comes up.

argonath

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Giving the 8-ball is a psychological factor... not to the pro giving it, but to the shill accepting it and thinking it gives them an advantage. So much so they are willing to put money on that belief.

Very few will give weight when they dont have experience playing with that handicap. And correctly said, the pro will get position from the 8 to the 9 98% of the time or better.

To me, weight actually put more pressure onto the person getting it. In several game scenarios they may be apt to take shots to hit combos they might not normally do, and succumb to a short-term risk over the long-term runout.