Why does this work?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Why not make it 4 jellybeans and increase your profit margin? A great marketing idea would be to hand out little bags of jellybeans to pro players, then snap a few pics of them actually holding the jellybean bags. Just a thought.
How about providing a piece of chalk with a hollow bottom to hold the jelly beans. Then you could develop the disguised jelly bean technique...?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I will play you a $500 set as well. Me and cookie will play scotch against you and and any other knocker here. Anyone who posted in the thread knocking CTE priot to this post can be your partner against me and cookie.
I could go back and edit my first post to say something nasty if that would qualify me ;)

I kid, I kid.... If there's one thing I can't stand doing on a pool table, it's playing scotch doubles with someone I don't know.

JC

Coos Cues

This is the only post that I will respond to here. I just want to focus on one aspect of your experience. Your steps up to pulling the trigger were OBJECTIVE to you. I mean you laid out the instructions clearly and to you the process was clear and easy and you got good results.

That's been my point all along. If something is producing the results you want then the WHY isn't really needed. However IF you have the why then you can start building off of that to find what else works. Nothing about the physics involved is unknown to science. However, in order for science to really understand something it needs a lot of observation, dissection and data.

Yes the human mind is amazing for sure. It is really good at finding patterns and ways to make things work. Everything you do on a pool table has a mathematical reason even if we don't have the capability or willpower to figure out what that underlying math is. An aiming system could also be titled an Estimation Reduction Method.
Two things were certain when you posted this John.

1) That would not be your only post in this thread.

2) The thread was headed to be yet another ugly pissing match about CTE.

It's damned near arrived at it's destiny.

JC

Coos Cues
I could go back and edit my first post to say something nasty if that would qualify me ;)

I kid, I kid.... If there's one thing I can't stand doing on a pool table, it's playing scotch doubles with someone I don't know.
My name is John.

Now that we're acquainted I would be happy to play Dave and John with you as my partner. Should be a great match.

But of course no one is travelling all over the continent to play $500 sets.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
But of course no one is travelling all over the continent to play $500 sets.
It's still very hit and miss for those north of the border to travel down to the States. For work we normally get a free pass but just had someone turned around the other day. The border difficulties is currently my "only excuse" for not playing the Open ;)

JC

Coos Cues
It's still very hit and miss for those north of the border to travel down to the States. For work we normally get a free pass but just had someone turned around the other day. The border difficulties is currently my "only excuse" for not playing the Open ;)
Yup they be taking that border serious as a heart attack.

Covid can move across it if you're not careful don't you know?

What fucked up times we are living in today.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Yup they be taking that border serious as a heart attack.

Covid can move across it if you're not careful don't you know?

What fucked up times we are living in today.
Maybe we should build a nation long "covid border wall" out of surgical masks...

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Two things were certain when you posted this John.

1) That would not be your only post in this thread.

2) The thread was headed to be yet another ugly pissing match about CTE.

It's damned near arrived at it's destiny.
Should have said my only comment on your post.

I didn't mention cte, you did.

My acceptance of Joey's challenge has nothing to do with proving or disproving any method.

JC

Coos Cues
Should have said my only comment on your post.

I didn't mention cte, you did.

My acceptance of Joey's challenge has nothing to do with proving or disproving any method.
My mention of CTE was not in any way denigrating to the aiming system.

You came out with "knockers" and of course we all know what that means.

This thread still has the potential to get nasty like most of the threads in this sub forum just give it some air.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My mention of CTE was not in any way denigrating to the aiming system.

You came out with "knockers" and of course we all know what that means.

This thread still has the potential to get nasty like most of the threads in this sub forum just give it some air.
It is just a tangent, i saw something unrelated that I felt like responding to. My only animosity towards Joey is related to his knocking. He likes scotch or Dutch as he calls it. The only people I am interested in playing for money in this forum subsection are knockers so i used the correct description. If you knock you are a knocker and as such if you want to be Joey's partner you are welcome.

JC

Coos Cues
It is just a tangent, i saw something unrelated that I felt like responding to. My only animosity towards Joey is related to his knocking. He likes scotch or Dutch as he calls it. The only people I am interested in playing for money in this forum subsection are knockers so i used the correct description. If you knock you are a knocker and as such if you want to be Joey's partner you are welcome.
I'm not playing Scotch with anyone who doesn't know what the format is called. But thank you.