Why isn't there a bar table hall of fame

CookiesMonster

Registered
My dad is still around the same places. He still plays some I think. Gordy died 2 years ago he was in bad shape. So I have been trying to put together some pics of them but haven't had any luck so far

nittyMF

Not only do I think Erman Bullard should be in the BTHOF, I think he should help decide who gets in. I talked to him once after hearing a crazy story about him. Turns out the story wasn't true and Erman proceeded to tell me about his best days. I don't believe I've ever met a pool player who was as honest about who he had and hadn't beat, EVER.

Rackemep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont know if he belongs on the list or not but the best bar box 9-ball I have ever seen with my own eyes was back in the late 90's. John Schmidt spotted one of our local BB gamblers the 6 out and ran a clinic on him! I didnt think there was any way that someone could spot this guy the 6 out on the bar box but John did it with ease.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Erman is a stand up guy, I see him about once a week

Not only do I think Erman Bullard should be in the BTHOF, I think he should help decide who gets in. I talked to him once after hearing a crazy story about him. Turns out the story wasn't true and Erman proceeded to tell me about his best days. I don't believe I've ever met a pool player who was as honest about who he had and hadn't beat, EVER.

Erman is a stand up guy, I see him about once a week here in Ft. Worth. He was a great bar table player and although we never matched up he would have been a formabible opponent on the "small track". There are several top notch bar table players here like Coy Lee, Fat Ralph, TJ Davis, Joey Barnes, Doug Smith, and several others that can flat run out.

We have weekly tournaments at Rusty's Billiards that fill up with 32 players and a waiting list....the break contest is $500. per ball as well on Tuesday's AND Wednesdays.....that's strong for a $10 entree fee.

Raggedy Andy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Boy, there were so many of them back then. A few of the best I ever saw play include: Billy Wier from Odessa, Tx. Weldon Rogers from Tucson. Those guys were masters of the big cue ball. There was a black guy from Dallas, big guy named Sam.....he was strong. Later came Keith.....and an army of young players that all played lights out...Jimmy Reid. It was tough back then....the equipment was nothing like what we have now. Texarcana Terry Bell was strong......Another guy that played out of Pat's Place in Amarillo....think his name was Terry, he went by Cowboy....played lights out. Too many to name.

Last edited: