Why no Big Tournaments in Dallas

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
Is Pool dead in the Dallas area? I can't remember the last time Dallas held
a exciting tournament. CJ's used to have them once a year, what ever happened to him or his pool intrest.
 
CJ is making too much money owning businesses to worry about trying to put together a big tournament.

i definately agree that we need one around here. Maybe Incardone and Diamonds can put something big together.
 
There is a Viking Tour event in Dallas (actually Richardson) at the Billiard Den the weekend of August 3rd.

The Open event runs all weekend and then there will be an Amateur event on Sunday.

These types of events are starting to come back to the Dallas area and I say it is a great thing.
 
Actually, Dallas is starting to have a few bigger tournaments come in... like McKinneyMiner said, the Viking Tour is coming in. There are also tons of small tournaments around the area if you know about them. Check out the tournament section for more info.
 
kilojo420 said:
CJ is making too much money owning businesses to worry about trying to put together a big tournament.

i definately agree that we need one around here. Maybe Incardone and Diamonds can put something big together.

We are working on something riht now and hope to announce it in the next few days.

Pool isn't dead in Dallas, just on summer break. Not much action though.
 
I hope tournaments start coming to the Big D area. The viking stop is a great start. I have been out of the pool scene for almost a year. I just got burned out and got tired of seeing to much 1 pocket. No disrepect to the game but I just cant watch people play this game.

Does anyone have any opinions on what needs to happen to get tournaments back to the Big D area on a consistent bases?

I know from personal exprience that most pool rooms can't afford to have big tournaments because they can't make any money doing this, especially when the tournaments are held in the weekends when the rooms generate the most business. Regular customers don't want to pay a cover charge to play pool, hell even people that want to watch the tournament dont want to pay a cover charge, LOL. It's a no win situation for the pool room that holds a tournament, the players want the room to pitch in money for a bigger prize or the pool hall gets slandered when they decide to keep a % of the purse.

I really repect any room owner that is willing to give up his place for one weekend to hold a tournament.
Happy shooting,:)
 
I'm moving there at the end of August, will be happy to bring big-time pool with me :D

Here in Jax, there is a bar that has a Sunday afternoon 9-ball tourney....field of usually 30-50 players, which brings in business on a slow day in the form of drinks and food, think the table time is free....from what I understand, they've been doing it for a while, so it must be profitable :confused: The same bar did the world 10-ball event recently, and based on the attendance, I'd like to think they did pretty well.

Allow me to pirate the thread - if anybody needs a regular game, league player, or anyone in-between in the Lewisville/Carrollton area say around late August :D , shoot me a PM....it would be great to meet more members from AZ.
 
Viking Tour stop scheduled at the Billiard Den on August 4-5, has been moved to another date. There is another tournament scheduled in Dallas on that date....randyg
 
Back
Top