Wilkie beats SVB - SBE pic and vid!

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got back, saw Wilkie beat Van Boening in a great hill-hill match. I took some grainy vids which I'll post soon.

Edit: here it is -- SVB vs Wilkie (winner's side semi-final)

Also met Kid Delicious! I couldn't help but have such a broad smile. He is the genuine article. Really great expo -- congrats to the organizers and vendors.

Attachments

• 3-15-08 005_sm.jpg
    3-15-08 005_sm.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 754
Last edited:

gotgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the main page in the brackets has it SVB over wilkie SVB is awaiting the winner of Morris Imonen in the finals is that not true? I heard earlier Wilkie was shooting with a hot stick all tourney he just wonr a tour stop right before going to the SBE.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB and Wilkie were both on the winners side. Wilkie beat SVB, so Wilkie is in the hot seat, and SVB gets one more shot against the winner of Morris / Immonen.

gotgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah i was trying to respond back i i was looking at the 1 loss side my eyes are failing me this close to midnight glad to see Wilkie shooting good sound like a great tourney.

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the vid I posted. It's a bit grainy (sorry - looks worse than I thought), but it does show Wilkie's winning shot.

Mike Davis was sitting nearby me (in the bleachers), as was Luc Salvas. Lots of recognizable faces milling about. Very cool event!

SVB vs Wilkie (winner's side semi-final)

Last edited:

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...and here's one other pic I snapped of the amateur events.

Attachments

• 3-15-08 004_sm.jpg
    3-15-08 004_sm.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 699

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
tonmo said:
...and here's one other pic I snapped of the amateur events.

Thanks VERY much for posting this. Wilkie is a very talented (obviously!) local player on the east coast. I'll be pulling for him in the finals!

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem. Looks like I need a better video camera (or better seats!) -- but figured it was worthwhile to post the video with an hour after it happened.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I came down for the day and I cannot believe Shaun Wilkie! WOW. That guy can play! You could tell just how nervous he was when he was playing and he still didnt make many, if any mistakes. In his match against Louis Ulrich, he was on the hill shooting at a fairly easy 9 ball. He walked over and wiped down his cue, then went and looked at the shot. Then waited for some fans to pass by the table. then went back to his table to chalk his cue. Then walked back to look at the shot. Then walked back to the table to get the chalk and took it back to the table and looked at the shot some more. It was pretty funny because you could tell his mind was going a million miles an hour. But sure enough he nailed the 9.

The SBE was great. It was my first time. I cant wait for next year.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wilkie beat me in Raleigh about a year or so back. I played well and still got beat 9-7, 9-6. I did win one set 9-8, though. That guy plays well for the cash too. Solid player with a HIGH gear.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
crawfish said:
Wilkie beat me in Raleigh about a year or so back. I played well and still got beat 9-7, 9-6. I did win one set 9-8, though. That guy plays well for the cash too. Solid player with a HIGH gear.

That makes you no slouch too...;)