Will a 9foot Brunswick fit in a big SUV?

Allen Brown

Pool Whale
Silver Member
Probably not, but you could measure it before you try. Rent a U-Haul or a trailer and take out the guess work.

lost

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood will lay flat with no room to spare, in a long wheelbase Suburban.....so I am guessing you are out of luck unless you take it apart completely

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood will lay flat with no room to spare, in a long wheelbase Suburban.....so I am guessing you are out of luck unless you take it apart completely

How could you move it without taking it completely apart? I'm just guessing here, but the slate alone must weigh about 500 lbs (175 lbs per piece).

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Break it down it should fit, put the slate on the bottom, legs and middle piece, break the rails down leaving the castings removed from the rails it will all fit. Bring a ziplock freezer bag or some sort of canvas bag for the bolts.

A neat rick I learned is put a pipe under the slate and you can roll it into position in the bed of the suburban remove the pipe and repeat for all the slate. Trying to push the 200lb slate on a carpet does not work roll and go.

Also if the slate does not fit legnth wise stack the slate but use 3 2 x 4s as spacers so it does not crack, also use some drop cloths or such to avoid scratching the slate.

Having said that it is easiest to rent a haul box truck.

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As long as it's not a single slab slate table, you should be okay. If it is single slab, forget about it. In that case, you'll have to rent a UHaul or get a professional to move it.

kevpull

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes it will fit.

I moved a few in my '99 Suburban. You have to disassemble the table entirely including the frame. Take all the seats out of the vehicle and you should be good to go. Strap the slate down with cardboard between the slates.

Last edited:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes, guys who install them move them with a normal van. they come apart. 3 pieces of slate and some 4 ft rails.

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have moved several GC 1's and 2's using an Ford Centurion (extended Bronco), so I would say the Suburban should be no problem. Slates on bottom, base may need to be in at an angle, and everything else around them.

Marc

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
9foot table in SUV

Thanks for all the advice, greatly appreciated

acesinc1999

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have moved my snooker table several times now, twice professional, twice renting a truck and using buddies and/or forklift.I don't know how the 9 footer is constructed but the snooker table is five slates, 1-3/4" thick and about 380 lbs each.

Something I learned from the professional moves (they were countertop guys) is you really need to transport the slates VERTICAL or any bumps in the road however tiny may well stress the stone to crack even if you separate with 2 x 4 's, padding or anything else. Think about all the times you have seen countertop or pane glass trucks traveling on the road....always vertical on an A frame.

Rent a U-Haul. If local, it is a reasonable cost. If not local, then in the SUV, you are just that much more likely to crack your slates over the distance. Good luck.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Something I learned from the professional moves (they were countertop guys) is you really need to transport the slates VERTICAL or any bumps in the road however tiny may well stress the stone to crack even if you separate with 2 x 4 's, padding or anything else.

Great advice! It would be pretty simple to build a sturdy A-frame out of 2x4s.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a 10 foot Snooker table in my Stepside truck. The slates are stacked at the front. There are 6 legs to this table.

Attachments

• Snooker in a truck.jpg
    Snooker in a truck.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
You will have no problem at all putting it in the Suburban, I moved mine in a Town & Country minivan. Weight also will not be a problem, I think it weighs 1100# and change, if you have the 3rd seat in your Suburban its a 9 passenger, the 9 people would most likely outweigh the table, or 4 of me. I was concerned about laying my slate flat in transit, I was not prepared to stand it on end and also did not have a good place to tie them to so I transported them flat. I made sure that the slate laid on flat sections of floor, no bolt heads, seat belt mounts etc., I was able to lay 2 flat next to each other then stacked one on top of another with cardboard in between. I then covered the slate up with many blankets and put they rest of the disassembled table on top of the slate carefully wrapping everything in blankets. You can rent blankets cheap from any U-Haul type of store, they are very heavy and thick to protect whats underneath.

pickngrin

I watched a guy haul a 12 foot BCE snooker table with 2 inch slates from Canada to Northern California in an Econoline type van, so a GC in an suv shouldn't be much of a problem. Just be sure that the weight is as forward as possible, otherwise the front end will get light and you'll lose your steering control.