Will Kelly Fisher make it to Round 2?

Will Kelly Fisher make it to round 2?

  • no

    Votes: 26 53.1%
  • yes

    Votes: 23 46.9%

  • Total voters
    49
  • Poll closed .

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
This is the group:

Group 15
Dennis ORCOLLO
Kelly FISHER
Gary ABOOD
Wayne CATLEDGE
John KUTCHER

I have heard of Kutcher, not really familiar with Catledge.

Will Kelly make it to round 2?
 
Snapshot9 said:
This is the group:

Group 15
Dennis ORCOLLO
Kelly FISHER
Gary ABOOD
Wayne CATLEDGE
John KUTCHER

I have heard of Kutcher, not really familiar with Catledge.

Will Kelly make it to round 2?

She will finish 2nd in this group behind Dennis and make it to round 2.
 
I believe Gary Abood is a champion out of California & Kelly Fischer will be hard pressed to beat him.
 
watchez said:
I believe Gary Abood is a champion out of California & Kelly Fischer will be hard pressed to beat him.

I am familiar with his game and he does play very well, I will stay with my prediction though!
 
All the groups are tough. Kelly has been beating the ghost in 8 ball with NO BALL IN HAND. She can run out as well as any of the players in her group and her break is real solid.

In the last tournament she played in she had something like 15-20 break and runs including one five pack.

I think Catledge, Kutcher, and Abood ought to be worrying about making it out of the group.

John
 
Snapshot9 said:
This is the group:

Group 15
Dennis ORCOLLO
Kelly FISHER
Gary ABOOD
Wayne CATLEDGE
John KUTCHER

I have heard of Kutcher, not really familiar with Catledge.

Will Kelly make it to round 2?

I certainly wouldn't put it beyond her, with the exception of Orcullo she can play on the same level as any of the guys in her group. I'm (somewhat) familiar with Abood and she will have to play her best to get by him, but I actually think she should be able to make it out of her group.
 
Kelly fisher is a very talented player capable of beating anyone at any time. her group is no walk in the park she has some great competion for sure. Dennis being one of the hottest players at this time and the others cant be counted out either. My feelings are that as of late Kelly has been playing some great pool and is on a mission. I'm thinking she will make it into round 2.She has the skill and the desire if the rolls go her way a few times she could even go into round 3.
 
onepocketchump said:
All the groups are tough. Kelly has been beating the ghost in 8 ball with NO BALL IN HAND. She can run out as well as any of the players in her group and her break is real solid.

In the last tournament she played in she had something like 15-20 break and runs including one five pack.

I think Catledge, Kutcher, and Abood ought to be worrying about making it out of the group.

John

I'll say it again......pool players are like race horses. A 3000 claimer can run 6 furlongs in 1:10 but put it in a Grade I race and it would be hard pressed to hit 1:13. I know little about Kelly Fischer other than she is a fearless shooter & likes to play in San Diego but playing the ghost or running racks in some regional women's tournament is quite different then playing against a male tournament veteran. She could have gotten a worse draw so it will be interesting to see how she does.
 
watchez said:
I'll say it again......pool players are like race horses. A 3000 claimer can run 6 furlongs in 1:10 but put it in a Grade I race and it would be hard pressed to hit 1:13. I know little about Kelly Fischer other than she is a fearless shooter & likes to play in San Diego but playing the ghost or running racks in some regional women's tournament is quite different then playing against a male tournament veteran. She could have gotten a worse draw so it will be interesting to see how she does.


I think it is generally accepted among players that beating the ghost is the mark of a great player. There are a lot of shortstops that won't beat the ghost consistently.

If Kelly runs five racks against Orcullo or five against Jill NoName what's the difference? In both cases the oponent gets to sit down for five racks. The ONLY difference I can see is that a Dennis Orcullo is capable of getting up and running five right back. In neither case though did the opponent have anything to do with it.

Neils Feijen ran 15 racks in a regional tournament in Holland. How many times have you ever heard of anyone else running 15 racks? Do we all agree that anyone who runs 15 racks of 9 ball from the break is probably a world beater? I don't think anyone would belittle the accomplishement just because he didn't do it against Archer.

John
 
I am not belittling anything or anyone. I am just saying that, in my opinion, for most people it is easier to play good against an easier opponent or in the case of the ghost, no opponent. Again, just like in horse racing...the horse & the player can sense when they are playing against a tougher opponent. I am sure you & I can find examples for either side of thinking. A few months ago, I played in a tournament & wound up against Lars Vardaman, 3 time NCAA champion. Lars beat me 9-0 and I got to shoot twice---one kick shot, one roll out. The very next match, on the same table, Lars played Andy Quinn and lost 9-2. I was giving Lars trouble that it was a little easier to play against me than an Andy Quinn & can see the look in his face that I was right.

Maybe Kelly plays the same against the ghost as she does against Orcullo in a chair. If she does, she is in a minority of players that would.
 
It's interesting to see that the poll is a perfect 50-50 split so far with a considerable amount of votes, now i'm getting really interested to see if Kelly does indeed advance out of her group.
 
I think this is a very close call. I voted 'yes' but this group might well go down to the wire.

Playing under this kind of pressure for the first time with the prize pool being what it is, might do a some strange things to a few players! The initial group stages will prove to be a real tussle, particularly in groups like this one where maybe only one of the players looks a 'cert' to make it.
 
Remeber ...

They are breaking from the box, no side breaks, and to me that makes a difference for the women players.
 
onepocketchump said:
All the groups are tough. Kelly has been beating the ghost in 8 ball with NO BALL IN HAND. She can run out as well as any of the players in her group and her break is real solid.

In the last tournament she played in she had something like 15-20 break and runs including one five pack.

I think Catledge, Kutcher, and Abood ought to be worrying about making it out of the group.

John

Gary Abood bets real high, and I'm sure that he would love to play Kelly some. You should ask him. I haven't talked to him in over a year.
 
I believe Kelly Fisher will advance to the second round and wish her well.
 
Kelly has played against the greatest female players in the game,she wins some and loses some but it seems that pressure has not alot to do with her game.Like i said earlier she is skilled enough to beat anyone at anytime.Playing against men doesnt really enter into her game either,she is a table player and not a player player.She will be in round 2, and if things roll her way she may make the 3rd round.The Lady has heart and will not go down as easy as some may think.
 
cuetechasaurus said:
Gary Abood bets real high, and I'm sure that he would love to play Kelly some. You should ask him. I haven't talked to him in over a year.

Kelly isn't afraid to play anyone. She doesn't need to gamble to make money though. Kelly has had greater success in her field than Gary has in his. I'll put down a $20 sweat bet that she beats him in their 8 ball match in the IPT.

John
 
onepocketchump said:
Kelly isn't afraid to play anyone. She doesn't need to gamble to make money though. Kelly has had greater success in her field than Gary has in his. I'll put down a $20 sweat bet that she beats him in their 8 ball match in the IPT.

John

Does Kelly really play that good?? I just noticed you said she beat the 8-ball ghost. Sounds like she should be barbecueing the WPBA players. Does she play alot of events?? You got my curiosity now.
 
Back
Top