WILL THIS DAMAGE THE FELT ???

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The surface of the cloth is the only thing you're cleaning with a HOT rag, wrung out at tight at you can, that way all you're basically doing is dry cleaning the hand oils off of it. Evaporation shouldn't take but a minute or two.
I wring the towel out pretty good.
Good to know.
I usually wait hour before playing on the table.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A 'too wet' rag will liquidate the chalk dust and it will seep deeper into the weave, making it harder to vacuum out when it dries. When using a vacuum, use a brush or bristle attachment. Too much suction will also stretch the fabric. I usually vacuum the table and rails, then use a micro fiber cloth dampened with a Woolite solution. Also, don't press too hard with the cloth as that tugging will also eventually stretch the cloth.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
A 'too wet' rag will liquidate the chalk dust and it will seep deeper into the weave, making it harder to vacuum out when it dries. When using a vacuum, use a brush or bristle attachment. Too much suction will also stretch the fabric. I usually vacuum the table and rails, then use a micro fiber cloth dampened with a Woolite solution. Also, don't press too hard with the cloth as that tugging will also eventually stretch the cloth.
I don't care if you hook this attachment up to a $2.00 hooker that could suck a golf ball through a garden hose 50 ft away, you're not going to stretch the cloth, I promise you that!
img20211127_081438.jpg

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
after vacuuming
if i wipe the table down with a damp cloth
and then take a hair dryer to dry it out
rather than wait the hours necessary to dry out on its own
will that damage my simonis cloth?
If you need a hair dryer you are using too much water. Just a damp cotton
cloth wiped lightly and play right away