Willie Hoppe: Billiards As It Should Be Played

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
I stopped in at a used book store today and found a first edition Willie Hoppe Book that was published in 1941. The book is in mint condition and does not appear as if it has ever been read.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much this book is worth. I paid 1.95 for it. Even if it is worthless I am tickled to have it.
 
mnorwood said:
I stopped in at a used book store today and found a first edition Willie Hoppe Book that was published in 1941. The book is in mint condition and does not appear as if it has ever been read.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much this book is worth. I paid 1.95 for it. Even if it is worthless I am tickled to have it.
That book appears in many printings. Some of them are more recent and worth maybe $5. Some of those have a color picture on the front and I think were put out by Contemporary Books in 1978, although the copyright date may still say 1941. The older ones, with the green/white/black hardback cover typically go for about $15 on eBay. See http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120048335695 for an example of what it looks like. An excellent copy of that might get $40.

I think the actual first edition was a paperback printing that was a little larger than the hardback. It's list price was $1.50. At least two versions of that old paperback exist.
 
This one is the green hardback with no bar code or isbn so I know it is old. None of the pictures are in colar. I am just amazed at the shape that it is in.
 
Back
Top