Windex

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cold water. Never use hot water on worsted wool.

Not necessary as Simonis isn't directional.
I know that. The reason that I suggest one direction is that this motion tends to be used with less pressure and also avoids going back an forth over the same areas several times with dirt already on the cloth- I rotate the cloth continually using a clean square folded cotton cloth ( 8 clean sides to a 10X10 cloth folded into a square and used on both sides ) So I can use two clean sides of the cloth per quadrant of the table.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New 860HR in the darker green color , has been on the table about 2 months now. Tomorrow is my Birthday. Rarely does it fall back to Thanksgiving day Nov 25. I think I spied a Siminos Cloth cleaner come in from a pool supply spot yesterday. Guess I'll find out how well that sucker works after the feast in the afternoon. Is it called the X1 or something like that?
I recently got the X1 and have been using after each time the table has been played on.

Seems to work well but the proof will be revealed once the cloth gets replaced. I anticipate that to occur in 2037 (!!).

I was a brusher with occasional vacuuming and damp cloth 2-4x per year.

When the old cloth came up, it looked like a small baby powder bottle's worth of chalk dust was on the slate.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently got the X1 and have been using after each time the table has been played on.

Seems to work well but the proof will be revealed once the cloth gets replaced. I anticipate that to occur in 2037 (!!).

I was a brusher with occasional vacuuming and damp cloth 2-4x per year.

When the old cloth came up, it looked like a small baby powder bottle's worth of chalk dust was on the slate.
I've vacuumed with a horse hair attachment almost exclusively over the last 10 years. There was no chalk dust on the slate the three times I;ve had the cloth changed. Vacuuming is the way to go. IMO, brushing and the X1 push the dust into the cloth.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've vacuumed with a horse hair attachment almost exclusively over the last 10 years. There was no chalk dust on the slate the three times I;ve had the cloth changed. Vacuuming is the way to go. IMO, brushing and the X1 push the dust into the cloth.
The x-1 actually pulls a LOT of chalk/dirt off the cloth. The static elec. it generates works as advertised. We have one at the 'hall and i'm amazed at how well it works. Do a couple tables and go outside and knock it on the trash can and literally clouds of chalk come off. It doesn't force dirt into the table. I think the X-1 sometimes gets knocked by those that use it wrong. You have to use LIGHT pressure and SPEED for it to work. If you push down on it too hard you never generate the static elec. needed for it to work.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The x-1 actually pulls a LOT of chalk/dirt off the cloth. The static elec. it generates works as advertised. We have one at the 'hall and i'm amazed at how well it works. Do a couple tables and go outside and knock it on the trash can and literally clouds of chalk come off. It doesn't force dirt into the table. I think the X-1 sometimes gets knocked by those that use it wrong. You have to use LIGHT pressure and SPEED for it to work. If you push down on it too hard you never generate the static elec. needed for it to work.
Agreed but even if used properly, it can force chalk dust into the cloth. I think vacuuming is the way to go.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to read that!

I guess I'll vacuum more often than monthly then.. . I'll use this and I'm going to rip out that agitator strip. It does collapse when coming backwards, but I guess it would be nice to be able to go and both directions..and any friction between that strip and the cloth has got to be worse than none.
(Pic coming...stay tuned.)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are sending mixed signals here.

How do you really feel about it??
It just kills me that people do this shit. Cleaning a table is not rocket science and can be done easily with no damage to the cloth. Why you would use caustic shit on expensive table cloth is just plain stupid. Does that make my stance a little clearer?? ;)

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't want to read that!

I guess I'll vacuum more often than monthly then.. . I'll use this and I'm going to rip out that agitator strip. It does collapse when coming backwards, but I guess it would be nice to be able to go and both directions..and any friction between that strip and the cloth has got to be worse than none.
(Pic coming...stay tuned.)
This is the attachment I use on my shop vac. I vacuum every 4-5 uses. Like I said, I've been doing it this way for 10 years and have never had an issue with stretching cloth ot harming the cloth in any way.

35801615675_bb84b8a2f2_c.jpg

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I'm hoping, that it really pulls a significant percentage of talk from the table.

That's it, I don't think it is like a magnet with metal.
I guess the only way to tell would be to grind up a measured amount of chalk and put it onto a similar fabric and then measure how much is left over.

Sounds I like a project for Dr dave. That poor godlike man...!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It just kills me that people do this shit. Cleaning a table is not rocket science and can be done easily with no damage to the cloth. Why you would use caustic shit on expensive table cloth is just plain stupid. Does that make my stance a little clearer?? ;)
What do you mean? I use Windex to clean my finest suits. Dry Cleaners are overrated.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is the attachment I use on my shop vac. I vacuum every 4-5 uses. Like I said, I've been doing it this way for 10 years and have never had an issue with stretching cloth ot harming the cloth in any way.

And still the same cloth for the whole time?

Chip Roberson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the input here. I hadn't really thought about using light pressure , so as to let the static electricity part of this tool to do it's job.

Csim

It just kills me that people do this shit. Cleaning a table is not rocket science and can be done easily with no damage to the cloth. Why you would use caustic shit on expensive table cloth is just plain stupid. Does that make my stance a little clearer??
I thought you were clear before. Lol. I read your post before and heard my dads voice. It made me laugh

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If I had a bad spot I wanted to clean I’d try Woolite or something like that. I would spot test on a scrap piece first. Please do not try to clean the entire table cloth… it would be a bad mistake

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member

Why is there only one wheel on the attachment?

Seems like you’d have both or none.