WNT Nineball Ranking Event : Scottish Open (1-5 May)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I really hope Oscar wins this tournament.

Anyone know why Skyler, Shane Wolford and Billy Thorpe didn't enter?
A commentator said Skyler has another baby on the way, so he stayed home.

Smutzc

A win in the final for Oscar would go a long way to securing his Mosconi spot. In the World of Matchroom, each dollar won is equal to a ranking point. A British pound is worth about $1.25 these days, so a 10,000 pounds win would Oscar him 12,500 ranking points.

As The Beach Boys said, "wouldn't it be nice?"

SJM … my first concert ever! Beach boys ! When I was a kid !

Reactions: sjm

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Comeback king Duong does it again. Down 4-8 to Oscar, wins next 6 to win 10-8
Really strong clutch game :LOL:
Loser round 5 match Down 5-7 to Biado, comeback win 8-7
Loser qualification match Down 2-7 to FSR, comeback win 10-7
Last 16 Down 1-6 to Tyler, comeback win 10-7
Semifinal Down 7-9 to Ko Pin Yi, comeback win 10-9
Final Down 4-8 to Oscar, comeback win 10-8
(Only "easy" match in single elimination was 10-5 win over Kaci in quarterfinals)

Consolation for Oscar is he jumps to #3 in race for Mosconi Cup just below Tyler

The Youtube feed cuts out with Oscar up 8-4, Doung came back? What was the final score?
Full match but with Vietnamese commentary

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i also assumed oscar won. that's crazy. the martian should buy a lottery ticket, he was down and out many times in this tournament

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How are the Vietnamese doing on a world scale in carom billiard sports? Every time I visit a Vietnamese owned room in the USA, the more serious players are on the carom tables.

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That missed combo down the rail probably ate at Oscar. Immediately after the match he set it up and played safe instead. But all in all a good result for him and impressive comeback by Duong.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
That missed combo down the rail probably ate at Oscar. Immediately after the match he set it up and played safe instead. But all in all a good result for him and impressive comeback by Duong.
I would be madder at myself for overshooting the cue when he tried to hide it behind the 7... damn a combo ha