WNT Nineball Ranking Event : Scottish Open (1-5 May)

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This warm up event for the major UK Open (which starts from 7May) has attracted strong field comprising about 2 dozen 800s and special appearances of old retirees like Karl Boyes, JJ :LOL:

jacoby scottish open.jpg

Brackets

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yup, that's a super-tough field. The Scottish Open has grown in importance as an event.

Flakeandrun

The turn out looks real good on paper. Some great players on that list. Is this televised/streamed?

Last edited:

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
So.... What Happens.....if the top pros who are already qualified/seeded win the top 8 spots?
How does this play/$Pay out to those players finishing in the top 16?
I heard the top 8 from a 64 field get paid entry.??

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So.... What Happens.....if the top pros who are already qualified/seeded win the top 8 spots?
How does this play/$Pay out to those players finishing in the top 16?
I heard the top 8 from a 64 field get paid entry.??

it's not a qualifying event? i mean seeded pros win ALL of the WNT satellite events.. it's a way to get more money and more ranking points

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 1
Role reversal as WNT commentators Karl Boyes , JJ playing today. They should get some pro players to commentate and critique their play :ROFLMAO:

Live streams in about 2 hours
Main Table

Table 2

Matchroom Stream

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl Boyes gets walkover over his Vietnamese opponent Thanh Trung Nguyen
Official explanation is Thanh did not get visa
But Thanh last month asked on cuescore website why he was added to this event. Some boo boo somewhere :LOL:

thanh.PNG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
anyone else saw boyes beating souto?

i watched expecting the opposite, ideally with melling or shaw in the booth criticizing him haha. but he played jam up

Yes was surprised when saw he won. Just watched final rack. Souto hooked himself on open table , that retiree Boyes stole the match with gutsy shots - a hook, long shot and a cut. But he has a tough match shortly next against Albin

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes was surprised when saw he won. Just watched final rack. Souto hooked himself on open table , that retiree Boyes stole the match with gutsy shots - a hook, long shot and a cut. But he has a tough match shortly next against Albin

he beat albin 10-4. albin went on tilt and conceded at 9-4. why is he commentating if he can still play like this

Reactions: JAM

jbart65

Boyes is only 41, just a year older than SVB. But he's got a nice gig now commenting. Having watched some older videos, he seems like a much savvier player now as you would expect.

Would love to see him play vs. JJ.