Wonder if any pros got their start playing bumper pool?

Gregg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bumperpool.JPG

Wonder if anybody (willing to admit) got their feet wet in pool on a bumper pool table?

stevea

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not pro either but I use to play bumper pool at my friends house every day when we were kids. It was a lot of fun.

christyd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gregg said:
bumperpool.JPG

Wonder if anybody (willing to admit) got their feet wet in pool on a bumper pool table?

Steve Varner (Nick's brother) used to play a lot of bumper pool in the 1980's. There was a bumper pool table (only place I've seen one) in Owensboro, KY at Nick's pool room and from what I've heard Steve was quite the player!

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I can't imagine anyone playing bumper pool. I think it may be the weakest form of pool ever. Having said that take 30 AZB members and stick them in a hotel that is snowed in and all it has is a bumper pool table. I think it would be worth taping and selling. I can just see a bunch of us woofing and trying to figure out how to give weight, the line to plat would be out the door.

MilwShooter

Pool? Never heard of it..
Silver Member
I too am far from pro. But I LOVED bumper pool. I used to play it in High school every Monday. I did some volunteer work at a runaway shelter and every Tuesday at a suicide hotline, both places had a bumper pool table to play on during down time. I loved playing it, that might even be why I can bank without thinking about it. If my wife asks me how I knew where to hit, I could never answer her...thanks for reminding me about this, I met get one in the house for our kids!

MilwShooter

Pool? Never heard of it..
Silver Member
Beware_of_Dawg said:
Ive never had an opportunity to try it. HOw do you play bumber pool?

Bumper Pool Rules

1. Individual play (2 Players) or team play ( 4 players - 2 per team)

2. Each player or team select their color balls ( 5 balls per side)

3. Spot balls on each spot with the spotted cue balls in front of scoring holes. (Line up balls so that color balls will match scoring hole color at opposite end).

4. Start Game - Each player shoots spotted cue ball at the same time towards opposite scoring hole. Shots must hit cushion on player's right side.

5. Player coming closest to his scoring hole shoots first. If player makes his spotted cue ball, he will continue to shoot remaining balls until he misses scoring hole.