Woods Cues???

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all......
I'm looking for an affordable break/jump cue, carbon fiber. Wood's Cues offers one for about 150 bucks. In looking at their website I can't seem to find any contact information or location. I assume it's one of those phantom chinese companies but has anyone ever dealt with them? Are they a legit company or just some scam type site that takes your money and you never hear from them again. I found a few misspellings and typos on their website which casts some doubt on their legitimacy. You know? https://www.woodscues.com/ Thanks.

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
I've bought a few extensions from them in the past, I think 4 orders in the last 2 years. They take 2-3 weeks to arrive. No issues in my limited experience. They provide good comms including tracking, so I'd buy again.

-td

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a c8b cue from them, with accessories. solid product, especially for the money, and would recommend- was a few years back tho.

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you VERY much for that input gents. Been down the road of buying from China in the past.......not good. Much appreciated.

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ordered with PayPal so if I get lamped I'll be able to file a claim. I'll fill you all in on how it goes. Very affordable it seems. Hope springs eternal.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would get something else, those random very cheap cues are OK but often don't do the job very well due to cheap and un-tested shaft construction. Action/Elite/Star/store brand products from Pooldawg, used higher end cues are a known thing.

Vince_Former_BB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reporting in on Wood's Cues. I order it Sunday. Monday got an email that said the color I ordered wasn't available. I said send whatever color you have. They sent me photos and a video of the actual cue they were shipping. Was shipped out later that day. Got an email from DHL with a tracking number. Update said it would be delivered on roughly 5 June. Got a text message today from DHL that it would be delivered TODAY! From CHINA!!! FOUR DAYS! How the hell is THAT possible. I can't send a piece of mail across the street that it doesn't take a week or more to deliver. The packaging was impeccable. The cue was in a plastic bag inserted into a piece of PVC tubing and then boxed. Total shipping cost was roughly $25.00 again......from CHINA! I tried sending a cue to Pittsburg and it cost double that and took forever to arrive (I'm in Philadelphia). The build quality is off the charts for the price. I'm a fanatic for quality and for the money you really can't beat this. The company is highly communicative and immediately responsive. Unbelievable. This country is in serious trouble from China if more of their factories and shipping is like this. Haven't tried it out yet but that'll come tonight or this weekend. Stay tuned. FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind officially blown. AND I now have a piece of Schedule 40 PVC with Chinese characters on it as a souvenir. HUGE thumbs up to Wood's Cues for their exceptional customer service and speed of delivery.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reporting in on Wood's Cues. I order it Sunday. Monday got an email that said the color I ordered wasn't available. I said send whatever color you have. They sent me photos and a video of the actual cue they were shipping. Was shipped out later that day. Got an email from DHL with a tracking number. Update said it would be delivered on roughly 5 June. Got a text message today from DHL that it would be delivered TODAY! From CHINA!!! FOUR DAYS! How the hell is THAT possible. I can't send a piece of mail across the street that it doesn't take a week or more to deliver. The packaging was impeccable. The cue was in a plastic bag inserted into a piece of PVC tubing and then boxed. Total shipping cost was roughly $25.00 again......from CHINA! I tried sending a cue to Pittsburg and it cost double that and took forever to arrive (I'm in Philadelphia). The build quality is off the charts for the price. I'm a fanatic for quality and for the money you really can't beat this. The company is highly communicative and immediately responsive. Unbelievable. This country is in serious trouble from China if more of their factories and shipping is like this. Haven't tried it out yet but that'll come tonight or this weekend. Stay tuned. FOURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind officially blown. AND I now have a piece of Schedule 40 PVC with Chinese characters on it as a souvenir. HUGE thumbs up to Wood's Cues for their exceptional customer service and speed of delivery.

China to US is cheap. Try shipping US to China LOL

Greg M

I have two snooker cues from them. Not exactly the best cues ever, but they'll certainly do the job, and you can't beat a cue, a case and two extensions for about €100 with shipping.