World 10-ball

Pacecar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it is. i have really only seen half a dozen racks of the world 10b but it hasn't looked as bad as the LV open. also the women's LV final day looked a lot better racking wise. maybe they tapped the tables?
I was pulling for Seoa but man she got her share of empty breaks. Interesting thing about that set, even when Hung was hammering away, she just sat there with that clueless chicky look. Musta worked. :D

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, it's real 10-ball. No shootouts. That makes it watchable. Best of luck to all these fine players.
Though there are the call pocket and no early 10-ball rules, so for many it isn't "real" 10-ball. FWIW I like call pocket (to differentiate it from the game of 9-ball), but I'm not the biggest fan of the no early 10-ball rule. But I don't totally hate it either.

CanadianGuy

not a fan of early 10 balls without serious penalty on a miss,
I like if you call the 10.....make the 10 or lose the frame

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Though there are the call pocket and no early 10-ball rules, so for many it isn't "real" 10-ball. FWIW I like call pocket (to differentiate it from the game of 9-ball), but I'm not the biggest fan of the no early 10-ball rule. But I don't totally hate it either.
IMO 10b last is no good. I think if you make a legal combo/carom on the 10b you should win the game. 10b last just seems hokey to me. At least its not 'call safe' That IS the worst form of pool ever.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not a fan of early 10 balls without serious penalty on a miss,
I like if you call the 10.....make the 10 or lose the frame
Why??? Been playing 9b that way forever. Adds spice to the game. I just don't see why some want to remove all luck from the game. A called 10b shot is not luck so why not allow it? DerbyCity 10b is the best, just use 9ball rules.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Same here. Taking the early ten ball out of play takes some of the imagination out of the game. It's a better game with early ten ball. I don't like call pocket, but I can live with it. Still, multi-purpose shots are, far too often, excluded from the game with call shot, and such shots are among the most beautiful to watch.

Personally, if I wake up one day and tournament 10ball no longer exists, I'd be fine with it. That said, I appreciate the skill it takes to play it well and admire those who are able to snap off the World 10-ball, the only major championship in the 10ball discipline.

I also greatly admire Predator for stepping up to the plate and offering substantial prize money to both men and women through 10ball.

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like called shot overall but not 10 last. Spotting 10 after break is ok though pretty rare.

Only thing I don't like about called shot is missing out on chances to pot multiple balls and being forced to call only one.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like called shot overall but not 10 last. Spotting 10 after break is ok though pretty rare.

Only thing I don't like about called shot is missing out on chances to pot multiple balls and being forced to call only one.
As long as you make the ball you call the others stay down, except the 10b.