World 10-ball

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree a famous person commentating wouldn’t grow pool. How about if Efren all of a sudden started commentating on basketball. Would any pool fans that are not already basketball fans start watching basketball? I know I wouldn’t.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I didn't mention anything about Europe, not sure why you added that. There was some international participation in the events, a couple of Japanese players turned up for in the event in the 70s and Parica in 1978, as well as some European players in the early 80s.
Trust me, I went to all of these events and there was minimal international participation.

Second, you wrote in post 373:

Lowest first place price money for the PPPA World 14.1 Championship was £8,000 in 1986 won by Varner.

Quoting prize money in British Pounds is, indeed, mentioning Europe.

Last edited:

Stevexjfe

Trust me, I went to all of these events and there was minimal international participation.

Second, you wrote in post 373:

Lowest first place price money for the PPPA World 14.1 Championship was £8,000 in 1986 won by Varner.

Quoting prize money in British Pounds is, indeed, mentioning Europe.
Sorry Typo, it was $8,000 in 1986. I do trust you, although I looked through the National Billiards Archives, very few but still a few players from other countries.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I agree a famous person commentating wouldn’t grow pool. How about if Efren all of a sudden started commentating on basketball. Would any pool fans that are not already basketball fans start watching basketball? I know I wouldn’t.
Does efren have 11 million people watching each of his podcasts?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does efren have 11 million people watching each of his podcasts?
You could have Madonna in 1985 at the height of her stardom commentate a pool match, dwarfing whatever fan count Joe has. Maybe, just maybe, some of her fans would tune in just to hear her that one time. Would they come back though if they didn't like pool? No.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They could play the 10 ball early on a combo or carom to win as long as they call the shot. Ruiz did that in one of the last games he won in the finals. Are you referring to slopping it in without calling it?
The whole tournament was 10 ball last. No early wins at all.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
If 11 million viewer per episode is correct, then I would guarantee, just by the sheer number of exposures, that viewing would increase. Joe Rogan is arguably the one of the most famous people on the planet right now.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If 11 million viewer per episode is correct, then I would guarantee, just by the sheer number of exposures, that viewing would increase. Joe Rogan is arguably the one of the most famous people on the planet right now.
Who is coming up with 11MM per episode! Not a chance in hell. Look at these numbers. From tens of thousands to low millions for the vast majority of them. And, these are the FREE youtube clips, short and easy to digest. There is not a chance that his paid content on the private platform (sorry I forgot the name) will have more viewers.

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Who is coming up with 11MM per episode! Not a chance in hell. Look at these numbers. From tens of thousands to low millions for the vast majority of them. And, these are the FREE youtube clips, short and easy to digest. There is not a chance that his paid content on the private platform (sorry I forgot the name) will have more viewers.

I only quoted the number of view someone listed above. I don't know the correct number, nor am I going to spend the time to look for it. All that needs to be known is Joe Rogan gets one hell of a lot of views.

leto1776

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The shows are 100% free on Spotify

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole tournament was 10 ball last. No early wins at all.
Yes, I later corrected myself when I lwatched the video again and realized the game was not over. I should have edited / added to that mistaken post, or deleted it altogether.

atlas333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I later corrected myself when I lwatched the video again and realized the game was not over. I should have edited / added to that mistaken post, or deleted it altogether.
I should have known that you had several other corrections about this before I posted.

CanadianGuy

as mentioned, his show is free, and most google results put his numbers in the 11-13 million range per episode