World Cup of Pool 2019

brilliance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi

Feel sorry for Chile, really good team of unknown players!

I thinks Ko brothers are going to get this!

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Greece and Canada final. What else would a Greek Canadian wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Greece and Canada final. What else would a Greek Canadian wish for.

I’m with you....got half-Greek second cousins.
‘Course, Greece has a hard way to go....Austria is awesome.
Canada, on the other hand, is playing some island at the north end of the Celebes Sea...
....are there any good players there?

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
I’m with you....got half-Greek second cousins.

‘Course, Greece has a hard way to go....Austria is awesome.

Canada, on the other hand, is playing some island at the north end of the Celebes Sea...

....are there any good players there?

Half Greek cousin. We will take you. Go Greece and Canada. If they meet in the final I will be torn.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't kept up with the World Cup happenings, but this morning, I moseyed on over to the Mathcroom website to find out what's going on.

Yay! Mario He is back in the saddle again after his blood pressure debacle where he was banned from competing professionally. He and Albin are a great team, and nothing would please me more than to see Mario He at the top. And I hope he thumbs his nose at that stupid blue-blooded European dope-governing entity when he does stand high in the winner's circle--bad choice of words--stand TALL in the winner's circle.

The Dynamic Duo from Spain, David Alcaide and Francisco Sanchez Ruiz, seem to have excellent team work, and they're making pool headlines in recent times, both of them.

Great Britain has home-team advantage, and Jayson and Chris seem to get along well, but I wonder if they're coming home each night after the tournament and resting or partying in their home country with their mates. If they're partying well, I don't like their chances. If they're resting between match days, I like these two to win.

Alex and Morro! What a team made in heaven! If I had to choose with my heart, it would be these two to win it. Alex brandishing his new specs looks so sophisticated.

Filipinos stick together, sleep together, eat together, and play together when on the road. And I know Alex will have a tough time getting his killer instinct against his comrades, Carlo Biado and Jeff De Luna, but no matter who wins this next match, Canada or Philippines, it is sure to be a good one. I wish I could watch it.

I miss watching the World Cup. I hope next year that the live streams will be more forthcoming and not restricted to countries, cable membership, and a yearly subscription.

Last edited:

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't kept up with the World Cup happenings, but this morning, I moseyed on over to the Mathcroom website to find out what's going on.

Yay! Mario He is back in the saddle again after his blood pressure debacle where he was banned from competing professionally. He and Albin are a great team, and nothing would please me more than to see Mario He at the top. And I hope he thumbs his nose at that stupid blue-blooded European dope-governing entity when he does stand high in the winner's circle--bad choice of words--stand TALL in the winner's circle.

The Dynamic Duo from Spain, David Alcaide and Francisco Sanchez Ruiz, seem to have excellent team work, and they're making pool headlines in recent times, both of them.

Great Britain has home-team advantage, and Jayson and Chris seem to get along well, but I wonder if they're coming home each night after the tournament and resting or partying in their home country with their mates. If they're partying well, I don't like their chances. If they're resting between match days, I like these two to win.

Alex and Morro! What a team made in heaven! If I had to choose with my heart, it would be these two to win it. Alex brandishing his new specs looks so sophisticated.

Filipinos stick together, sleep together, eat together, and play together when on the road. And I know Alex will have a tough time getting his killer instinct against his comrades, Carlo Biado and Jeff De Luna, but no matter who wins this next match, Canada or Philippines, it is sure to be a good one. I wish I could watch it.

I miss watching the World Cup. I hope next year that the live streams will be more forthcoming and not restricted to countries, cable membership, and a yearly subscription.
$20 JAM to support pool. Worth every penny.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And I hope he thumbs his nose at that stupid blue-blooded European dope-governing entity when he does stand high in the winner's circle--bad choice of words--stand TALL in the winner's circle.

Me too!!! Drugs are so great for the pool world world.

You would know, right?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too!!! Drugs are so great for the pool world world.

You would know, right?

Yep, I do know. I have to take a blood pressure pill every day.

AzBilliards Discussion Forum is so lucky to have the likes of you running people off of the forum. Soon you will be here posting to yourself because nobody can stand being around you sarcasm, flippant remarks, and mean-spirted words.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
Half Greek cousin. We will take you. Go Greece and Canada. If they meet in the final I will be torn.

Had to lol when I saw and remembered your name is Nick!! Hahaha Good comments by you bud.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$20 JAM to support pool. Worth every penny.

It's not that I don't have the money, Rich. Congress is in full swing this week, and I don't have time to watch it. This weekend, I'm deadlining on numerous jobs. Hill is out next week, thank goodness.:cool:

If there was a live stream, though, I'd watch it while I work and put it on mute. :grin-square:

I kind of enjoy the chat feature of live streams on FB and YouTube. It's fun to sweat the matches with other pool peeps and share thoughts, unlike AzBilliarsd Discusison Forum where you have members here exhibiting troll-like behavior. :(

See you on the other side in FB land. Thanks for the correction this morning, BTW. :eek:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
My boys self destructed. Alex was not Alex. Well let’s see how the Greeks go.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

Like you, I'd love to see Mario He win after his troubles.

... but let's not misplace the blame here, Matchroom did not disqualify him from participating in the Mosconi Cup. The fact is that Mario could have played in the Mosconi, but chose to disqualify himself. The World Cup of Pool is a Matchroom event, not a European Pocket Billiard Federation event, so if you feel Mario was wronged, it wasn't by the guys at Matchroom, but by the EPBF. Unlikely that the guys from EPBF are even present at this event.