World Nineball Tour Scoring

Badpenguin

Looks like all scoring for WNT events is going to require an account. And from what I can tell the US viewing of the Premier League is going to be DAZN only.

If you go into the cookie settings when prompted, I think you will see where matchroom's revenue stream is going to be coming from. As they say, nothing is truly free...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like all scoring for WNT events is going to require an account. And from what I can tell the US viewing of the Premier League is going to be DAZN only.

If you go into the cookie settings when prompted, I think you will see where matchroom's revenue stream is going to be coming from. As they say, nothing is truly free...
Scoring access is free, watching matches is not. Wow. How startling. Seriously, why is this surprising?

Badpenguin

Scoring access is free, watching matches is not. Wow. How startling. Seriously, why is this surprising?
Who is surprised?

The player list for Premier League, looks pretty interesting...

Edit: updated list after Niels Feijen dropped out and was replaced by David Alcaide

1710511603020.png

Attachments

• 1710435677589.png
    1710435677589.png
    196 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
No Alex... not interested :(
If you mean Kazakis, as the #15 ranked player in Matchroom's rankings, he might have been selected. If you mean Pagulayan, he's #55 in the Matchroom rankings and would have been a shocking choice.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
If you mean Kazakis, as the #15 ranked player in Matchroom's rankings, he might have been selected. If you mean Pagulayan, he's #55 in the Matchroom rankings and would have been a shocking choice.
Pagulayan played last year and barely missed the final cut. Doubt his ranking was much better but got in regardless.

Not saying he 'deserves' the right to be there. Just saying that not having home based talent to root for, makes my interest drop.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprised alcaide isnt there...didnt he just win a word championship...or at least a big tourney?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm surprised alcaide isnt there...didnt he just win a word championship...or at least a big tourney?
David is #9 in the Matchroom rankings. Coming off a big 2023 in which he won the European Open and was second at the International 9ball, it's safe to assume he was invited.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
David is #9 in the Matchroom rankings. Coming off a big 2023 in which he won the European Open and was second at the International 9ball, it's safe to assume he was invited.
It would certainly be odd if her werent originally invited after the year he had.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Me thinks the world of invite events is going to be somewhat ???, every time. Clearly MR doesn't strictly adhere to the rankings or Alcaide would have already been in prior to Neils dropping out.

Entertaining content is what they're after, with some validity of their rankings as well.

My point is, we shouldn't expect the top 'whatever' to always be the case.

Atorontopoolplayer

Me thinks the world of invite events is going to be somewhat ???, every time. Clearly MR doesn't strictly adhere to the rankings or Alcaide would have already been in prior to Neils dropping out.

Entertaining content is what they're after, with some validity of their rankings as well.

Think they'll likely do a mix of qualify via rankings and promoters choice wild cards. Think last year for world masters was top 13 from rankings and 3 promoters choice

Scrunge19

Registered

Being buddy buddy with Emily will probably help your chances as well. She strikes me as someone who might play favorites a bit.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i think they want some geographic representation, it's good for viewership. no way anh tuan would be there otherwise, he's not even the best vietnamese. same thing with bernie, the marboys crew seems to be popular in the philippines. the difference is that bernie has a legit chance