WORLD POOL CHAMPIONSHIP (6-10 June2021) Champion $50K

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Filler 4 Appleton 3. We're soon going to lose yet another world 9-ball champion in the round of 64. Gorst and Souquet have already fallen in this round.

BlueRaider

Registered
Boyes up 6-1 in his match. What a great "retirement" for him! Still gets to play major tournaments with no expectation of winning because hey, he's not even supposed to be there! All house money for him.

something_pool

Registered
I just realized that SVB is using a break cue...lol.

Sponsors need more sales...?
Yeah - I wonder why he switched to the hard break. Maybe because he scratched in the upper corner once on that break, and got a speed warning from the ref on another. But I think the layouts he's getting off of his hard break aren't as easy looking as what he was getting on his softer break. And he seems to always be going near the side pocket with his hard break -- he just scratched off his last break.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Boyes up 6-1 in his match. What a great "retirement" for him! Still gets to play major tournaments with no expectation of winning because hey, he's not even supposed to be there! All house money for him.
Yeah, Karl's renaissance as a player is a nice story for sure.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow, old man Darren slowing tempo and outgrinding Filler. Now leads 7-5. Break and open table and will be 8-5 soon
We could be looking at early exit of another top favorite :)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Naoyuki Oi 11 Alex Kazakis 6. The WPM champion is out. Asia has three that have advanced now in Gomez, Yapp and Oi. Japan's Yoshioka trails 10-9 and his countryman Akagariyama also trails in his match. Omar Al shaheen of Kuwait trails 8-5 in his match and his countryman Badar Alawadhi is locked in a tight one with Melling.

Appleton pulls to within 10-8 vs Filler.

Last edited: