World Pool Masters 2019

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's an oddity. Ref. Nigel Rees racked the 9-ball on the spot in Match 1. Ref Jason Walker is racking the 1-ball on the spot in Match 2.

Last year, it was 1-ball on the spot. Did Rees just goof today?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone else just hear that Alex Laley comment? About the players being wired with a heart rate monitor during the last euro tournament. Said the biggest heart rates were measured by players in their seat and not the table. And Shane had the highest recorded measurement at 186 after he missed a 9 ball.

Very interesting. A new, never before discussed topic in pool.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone else just hear that Alex Laley comment? About the players being wired with a heart rate monitor during the last euro tournament. Said the biggest heart rates were measured by players in their seat and not the table. And Shane had the highest recorded measurement at 186 after he missed a 9 ball.

Hopefully we never see it again.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Yes, I saw some of that. I don't think a player should be required to have his heart rate made public.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, I saw some of that. I don't think a player should be required to have his heart rate made public.

It sounded like it was voluntary. At least I hope it was. Maybe the euro federation was doing a study on heart rates in order to focus on training/breathing exercises.
I'll bet Albin O has an extremely docile heart rate while playing.

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=491078

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the Facebook Watch app and a professional video and commentating team, this is almost like the good old days of pool on broadcast television.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the Facebook Watch app and a professional video and commentating team, this is almost like the good old days of pool on broadcast television.

Its excellent so far. Been perfect since I turned it on in the last rack of the opening match. Nice just pulling up the Facebook app on the Sony 50 incher, logging in with a fake account, and watching in full screen. Good announcing. No story tellers, and no NYers on the mic.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The ref in Match 3 is racking the 1-ball on the spot (as did the ref in Match 2). So I guess Nigel Rees in Match 1 didn't know the breaking format.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe I have never seen Albin smile during a match.
I don't think he has a nickname so he should be christened "Stone Cold" :grin:

Albin leads 4-1 over de Luna
Contrasting styles.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I contacted that IDM about this and they got REALLY defensive when asked if it was voluntary or not. They would not answer a direct question and kept wanting to change the subject. One thing they said which could be true(or not) is that the latest HD cameras are capable of detecting hear-rate so their system(the band-phone) is really no different. Whoever i was messaging did NOT like being questioned on this at all. UPDATE- i guess there is technology that allows ones' heart rate to be monitored via video. Crazy. https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...heart-rate-using-only-your-face/#205c05654b9d

Last edited: