World Pool Masters 2019

kkdanamatt

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Earl practicing for the World Pool Masters

On Monday, I watched Earl practicing for the World Pool Masters at Sandcastle Billiards, Edison NJ, where he is now the house pro.

Earl was practicing on Sandcastle's tightest table, Table 1, with tiny 3.75 inch corner pockets.

Observations:
1. He had no tape wrapping the fingers on his bridge hand. I think he was banned from using "finger extensions" at a previous WPM event.
2. He wore no glove, no arm weights, but he wore a 10 lb. weight on his lower back.
3. He alternately practiced with four or five different shafts, no carbon fiber.
4. He did not practice his break shot at all, which he insists "should be hit as hard as you can. That's pure 9-ball."

Earl was pleased that a wooden rack was being used at the WPM.
He's not a big fan of the template racks.
He did mention that his first opponent, Kaci, was about 1/3 his age, "but I'm in better shape than him. Shane plays a girl and I have to play Kaci. How's that fair?"

I wished him luck and I'll watch his match later today.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Shane plays a girl"

Classy as always.

Kaci is laughing while Earl moans about how the match is going so far. Kaci is up 4-1.

Last edited:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would be one thing if he were playing well, but it's just sad to watch when he pairs acting like a spoiled 8-year-old with missing straight in shots down the rail.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is now minimizing his loss by saying the crowd was mean to him and the temperature was too cold while simultaneously contending that Eklent Kaci is not a great player, while Kaci is standing right next to him.

Earl then starts complaining about not being given the opportunity to play even though he was given an undeserved invite to this event.

Earl should be banned.

Desmondp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Post match with Earl one of the most awkward and cringey thing ive seen in pool

The guy wasn't seasoned enough to deal with Earl

Earl's spot should have been given to a young up and comer

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I contacted that IDM about this and they got REALLY defensive when asked if it was voluntary or not. They would not answer a direct question and kept wanting to change the subject. One thing they said which could be true(or not) is that the latest HD cameras are capable of detecting hear-rate so their system(the band-phone) is really no different. Whoever i was messaging did NOT like being questioned on this at all. UPDATE- i guess there is technology that allows ones' heart rate to be monitored via video. Crazy. https://www.forbes.com/sites/robert...heart-rate-using-only-your-face/#205c05654b9d

They said on the stream that the heart rate monitor was NOT VOLUNTARY for the streamed table. If someone refused to wear it, they couldn't play on the streamed table.

_______

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl should be banned.

Nah, he just shouldn’t be invited. The guy is a tosser. The only bigger tossers are those that will find a way to defend him because of his status as a legend of the game. He adds nothing. If he qualifies, or puts his money up, let him play and referee him like any other player would be refereed.

Maybe you are right and he should be banned. I lean to being less harsh but......