World Pool Masters 2023 (10-13 May), nineball, Essex UK, Winner $40K

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ko up 8-4. Karl, JJ, and a 3rd I don't recognize on the mic.

Karl has a way with words, ha ha. A few rack ago, he said Kaci is much faster now, and he "used to stay down for an eternity on the ball".
It was Karl, JJ, and Mike McMullen the first half of the finals, and then they switched out Mike Mullen for Phil Yates on the second half of the finals (I think).

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
During one of the breaks in the finals, I saw Kaci walk over to the ref and have a few works with her. Of course, I have no idea what they said. I do know that Kaci's break, which had normally been his strength, was not working, and he came with some dry breaks a few times.

After the celebration of Ko's win, Karl Boyes and Emily Frazer attempted a post-celebration interview with Ko, which was challenging due to his understanding of all English words. Ko said something about the rack as far as the break and was pointing to the table. I did not understand thoroughly what he meant, but he did indicate there was something troubling about him breaking and the rack/table/racking.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pretty $pendy switch...here's a video:

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="
" title="What’s in the BAG / With Ko PinYi" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyway, Congrats to Ko! :)
I love that he plays with a fancy cue.