93 points: Pia Filler (641) def. Ivan Meng Li (734), 9-3
89 points: Ali Al Obaidli (711) def. Skyler Woodward (800), 9-8
79 points: Eylul Kibaroglu (682) def. Michael Schneider (761), 9-8
75 points: Daniel Schneider (724) def. Chang Yu-Lung (799), 9-3

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Holy moly, you guys weren't kidding about that "Performance Coach"

She was asked what message she thought should be delivered to Sky after being eliminated...

"He really just needs to take this and learn from it. He has to reflect on what he needs to continue to work on and really hone in on those skills."

giphy.gif

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy Thorpe - WLL
Chris Reinhold - LL
Max Eberle - LL
Skyler Woodward - LL
Corey Deuel - LL
Tyler Styer - WLL

Prominent Americans in the one-loss bracket are now all out. Hunter Lombardo leads 7-5 and Oscar Dominguez is on deck.

telinoz

Registered
Yep, so following the trend from World 10 ball.

Europe too strong and Asian players not far behind.
USA seems to be in the weeds on the side of the road.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member

She was asked what message she thought should be delivered to Sky after being eliminated...

"He really just needs to take this and learn from it. He has to reflect on what he needs to continue to work on and really hone in on those skills."

giphy.gif
The best advice I can give Sky is, he just needs to make more balls than the other guy. Specifically, more 9 balls. So if he can do that in the next tournament, he will have a legitimate chance to win it.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like the big hitter favorites FR800 Club are back and on fire.
Only 3 casualties (Zielinski, Sky, Pagulayan)
Only Alcaide is left playing qualification match now and does not look like losing.
Started with 19XFR800 and 15 already qualified for last 64 stage. If Alcaide wins, it will be 16 or 84% through to last 64.
Though last 64 is still very early stage even though is it single elimination race to 11 :LOL:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Please try it now and see if it's faster for you. We have been doing a lot of work to upgrade our server infrastructure to handle the high traffic load.

still very slow for me. but i like the style and functions of digitalpool

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Billy Thorpe - WLL
Chris Reinhold - LL
Max Eberle - LL
Skyler Woodward - LL
Corey Deuel - LL
Tyler Styer - WLL

Prominent Americans in the one-loss bracket are now all out. Hunter Lombardo leads 7-5 and Oscar Dominguez is on deck.
I thought Jayson had an interesting comment. He said something to the effect that "everybody is running out. You can be playing great, and still have to sit and watch 4 or 5 games in a row".

if everyone is running out, obviously the break is the most important shot...I would love to see the template go away if it at least adds a little more variation to the games.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
This event is a huge step up from the World 10-ball, and not just because the prize fund is $100,000 greater, for a big prize fund alone does not make an event great. To me, the bigger improvements are:

1) Giants of the game are not drawing each other in the first round. Woodward (800) played Feijen (810) in the first round of the World 10-ball. The seeding methodology used at the World 10-ball was an insult to the intelligence of any serious fan and it was repeated in Stage 2.

2) There's a shot clock on every table, as it should be. The absence of a shot clock set the World 10 ball over two hours behind schedule, which shouldn't happen in an event that wants to be taken seriously. For many of us, it meant having to miss the final.

3) With a referee racking, winner's break is always best. We didn't get it at the World 10-ball.

4) The arena is a huge step up from the World 10-ball with full match coverage on two tables and occasional coverage of each and every table when circumstance dictates it. Nobody produces an event like Matchroom.

5) The commentators are much better than at the World 10-ball.

Yes, this is the World Pool Championship, the biggest and best event on pro pool's calendar. Ah, but who will snap it off? We shall see.

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Jayson had an interesting comment. He said something to the effect that "everybody is running out. You can be playing great, and still have to sit and watch 4 or 5 games in a row".

if everyone is running out, obviously the break is the most important shot...I would love to see the template go away if it at least adds a little more variation to the games.
I'd go for that if there were a 30 second time limit on racking with the wooden rack. We've all seen plenty of games where it takes players longer to tighten the rack than it does to run out from the break.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member

I wish tournaments would track packages like they do breaks in snooker. Players casually say “everyone is running 4 and 5 packs” but when you tune in your rarely see anything more than a 2-3 pack.

And then AtLarge posts his stats and the high run for the steaming table is one 6 pack and a couple of 5 packs.

It’d be nice to have these tournament stats because I feel like the hyperbole gives winner breaks a bad name.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I wish tournaments would track packages like they do breaks in snooker. Players casually say “everyone is running 4 and 5 packs” but when you tune in your rarely see anything more than a 2-3 pack.

And then AtLarge posts his stats and the high run for the steaming table is one 6 pack and a couple of 5 packs.
Ditto. The number of packages is always overstated. Anything more than three is rare and has been rare for decades.

CanadianGuy

giphy.gif
she's absolutely horrendous and needs to go away yesterday
kind of creepy too

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
she's absolutely horrendous and needs to go away yesterday
kind of creepy too
Yes, she has offered an endless parade of platitudes and offers no insight of any kind into the game. I'm giving her a chance, though, and perhaps she'll do better in upcoming sessions.

dbyrd2654

That makes more sense. I only saw this guy, and also realize his name is spelled differently

View attachment 636577
Sky was up 8-6, his opponent mis-played position and ended up below the two. His only reasonable shot was off angle combo on n8ne to the side. He missed it and fluked the nine in the opposite corner. He then broke and ran the last two racks.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It was that way in the 80’s before Shaw was born.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last 64 Single Elimination Brackets (Race to 11). Starts tomorrow 11am UK time

Brackets

Bottom half slightly tougher than top half. Overall good draw. Big names only meet up deeper in brackets.
Toughest sector is match 17 to 20 which has Shaw v Ko Pin Yi set to meet in last 32 and winner to play SVB in last 16
:LOL: