Would love to buy a diamond pool ball cleaner

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of ours has a Ballstar and cleans her Centennials after every day's play. The balls look incredible, in fact better than new, yet they are many years old.
When we go over to her house to play, it's a real adjustment. They are really slippery, break and spread apart fantastic, and the draw is unbelievable.
It's quite an adjustment till 3 or 4 games have been played on them, and even after 10 or more games they still play noticeably different than the balls that I use at home cleaned on my homemade Diamond type cleaner using Aramith cleaner.
She's a very good shooter, past state championships, shoots tournaments most weeks. One time when we were at her house, I mentioned that she she might try not cleaning them for a few days before tournaments so they would react more like what she would be playing with, but I think she has become so addicted to how nice they are when cleaned that she is unable to let them get used for more than a day at a time.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend of ours has a Ballstar and cleans her Centennials after every day's play. The balls look incredible, in fact better than new, yet they are many years old.
When we go over to her house to play, it's a real adjustment. They are really slippery, break and spread apart fantastic, and the draw is unbelievable.
It's quite an adjustment till 3 or 4 games have been played on them, and even after 10 or more games they still play noticeably different than the balls that I use at home cleaned on my homemade Diamond type cleaner using Aramith cleaner.
She's a very good shooter, past state championships, shoots tournaments most weeks. One time when we were at her house, I mentioned that she she might try not cleaning them for a few days before tournaments so they would react more like what she would be playing with, but I think she has become so addicted to how nice they are when cleaned that she is unable to let them get used for more than a day at a time.
The Ballstar solution leaves the balls too slippery especially if you over apply it. I've tried numbers cleaning solutions and the .5 ounces Aramith Ball Cleaner to 8 ounces 91% Isopropyl Alcohol mixture leaves the balls shiny but not slick. They feel like they are brand new right out of the box and they play perfect.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, I've tried various cleaners also, and have went back to the Aramith, and after what you have posted, and my feeling that the cleaner, the way it comes, is a little pastey, added about a little over an ounce of 91% alcohol the other day to top off the bottle of Aramith. Nowhere near the level of alcohol in your brew, but for now it worked great for me, and really thinned down the stock mixture.
What I noticed by doing this is the balls felt more natural after being cleaned, where with the cleaner the way it was produced, the balls almost felt stickier, and I would resort to wiping them off with a microfiber towel after after being cleaned because of this.
I will say, I absolutly hate the Aramith bottle with the way it plugs up after using, then next time you use it, it squirts all over. I am going to transfer the contents to one of my woodworking bottles to solve this issue.
Some day I may try a more diluted mixture, but for now this approximate 20% dilition has accomplished what I desire.
Keep in mind that I only clean the balls after every two or three weeks of play.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, I've tried various cleaners also, and have went back to the Aramith, and after what you have posted, and my feeling that the cleaner, the way it comes, is a little pastey, added about a little over an ounce of 91% alcohol the other day to top off the bottle of Aramith. Nowhere near the level of alcohol in your brew, but for now it worked great for me, and really thinned down the stock mixture.
What I noticed by doing this is the balls felt more natural after being cleaned, where with the cleaner the way it was produced, the balls almost felt stickier, and I would resort to wiping them off with a microfiber towel after after being cleaned because of this.
I will say, I absolutly hate the Aramith bottle with the way it plugs up after using, then next time you use it, it squirts all over. I am going to transfer the contents to one of my woodworking bottles to solve this issue.
Some day I may try a more diluted mixture, but for now this approximate 20% dilition has accomplished what I desire.
Keep in mind that I only clean the balls after every two or three weeks of play.
I bought a glass spray bottle from Amazon which works well for dispensing the solution prior to a cycle in the machine.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just put the Aramith in another dispensing container, and also decided to make a hold down piece for the star wheel.
It would jump around at times when first starting for about the first minute or so. Probably could have figured out why if I thought about it more, but for now was just easier th make a piece to keep the star down when running. I left about a 1/16" gap between the contact point so it wouldn't continually rub.
For now I'm going to keep the Aramith diluted at about 15% as it's working for how I apply it.
If I were to ever do it again I would hole saw the star, make a box to the actual dimension, make some form of top cap, paint or stain, and use a real motor. But for now I've got all of about $20-$25 in it, not counting the cheap buffer I found laying around.

Attachments

• 20230627_134916.jpg
    20230627_134916.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 20230627_135002.jpg
    20230627_135002.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Nyquil

I would love to buy a diamond ball cleaner, as think they look good, do a great job. But for 500 dollars, i don’t know. Now, i just timed myself cleaning my balls with pool ball cleaner/polish, and it took me about 10 minutes. First wipe each ball with a nice amount of polish on a wet micro fiber towel, then with a dry micro fiber towel, clean and polish each ball. They come out very shiny. I do this once a week when i clean and wipe down the table. Table and ball come out great. Oh well, i will keep thinking about it.
Just buy one. You won't regret it. Especially if you have several ball sets and or a ball return table.

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
As most of you know, I made my own to match the other Gold Crown stuff in my room. It functions exactly like a Diamond with the offset platter to spiral the balls.

52613418219_f27a4df540_h.jpg
I don’t suppose there’s a previous thread with build instructions or something like that is there? It looks amazing

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t suppose there’s a previous thread with build instructions or something like that is there? It looks amazing
Not really any build instructions but here's the thread documenting the build.

YouTube Video.

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I would charge more than that if I were to produce/sell the Gold Crown Light I built.

The whole thing is amazing, but the work on the corners is most impressive to me. Not sure I’ve ever made anything with corners that makes out out of the acceptable category

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Not really any build instructions but here's the thread documenting the build.

YouTube Video.
Thank you I appreciate it