Would you have seen this shot from Louie?

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll admit I wouldn't have, I probably would have been looking for a way to play safe. I have a video of Louie Roberts gambling and this layout comes up.

Louie calls the nine ball cross side, kicks off the bottom rail into the three, the nine caroms off the six and goes cross side dead into the pocket.

CueTable Help

 
I don't think I would have seen the carom bank cross side...I may have looked at the possibility of the 9-ball thinning off the 6 into the upper side.

What I do know for sure is that I (and MANY other players) would have seen the proximity of the 9-ball to the 3 and that since no one plays called pocket 9-ball, that 9-ball would have been granted high speed movement to find as many rails as possible....(and hopefully a pocket)

Whenever I am playing a lower rated player and this type of shot presents itself....I KNOW that they are going to make that 9-ball "somewhere"....and they ALL see it.

Even Louie calling cross side had to be kind of a "wish" call....I would have to bet aginst that shot going every time since the 3-9 has some separation....It is just too unpredictable that your actually going to make it...Getting it going in that direction is skill on Louies part...The 9-ball actuaully going in was partially luck......(My Opinion)
 
BRKNRUN said:
I don't think I would have seen the carom bank cross side...I may have looked at the possibility of the 9-ball thinning off the 6 into the upper side.

What I do know for sure is that I (and MANY other players) would have seen the proximity of the 9-ball to the 3 and that since no one plays called pocket 9-ball, that 9-ball would have been granted high speed movement to find as many rails as possible....(and hopefully a pocket)

Whenever I am playing a lower rated player and this type of shot presents itself....I KNOW that they are going to make that 9-ball "somewhere"....and they ALL see it.

Even Louie calling cross side had to be kind of a "wish" call....I would have to bet aginst that shot going every time since the 3-9 has some separation....It is just too unpredictable that your actually going to make it...Getting it going in that direction is skill on Louies part...The 9-ball actuaully going in was partially luck......(My Opinion)


Partially luck, I won't argue with that but Louie got lucky a lot.
 
He was playing 9 ball gambling and he takes the cash giving up the 7-8-9. If I wasn't so dumb when it comes to the internet I'd post the video here. He makes some nice runouts.
 
Sports Palace - New Orleans, Louisiana - Louie Roberts

alstl said:
Partially luck, I won't argue with that but Louie got lucky a lot.

This is a shot that Louie occasionally got lucky at. He got odds on this shot but I don't remember what they were.

FTR, he made the shot on more than one occasion. Old Gold Crown tables.

CueTable Help



I've made it once or twice in life but may have had a fat guy sitting on the left corner pocket.

JoeyA (still tries it once or twice a year but the Diamonds make it double tough)
 
A guy who used to own a pool room near St Louis told me that he saw Louie make this prop shot. He would freeze the cue ball to the point and bet that he could pocket the object ball in the corner pocket and scratch the cue ball. He would jack up and make the shot.

CueTable Help

 
Back
Top