Would you leave Diamond/Brunswick for a table that plays the same every time?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Tables would play exactly the same every time no matter where in the world they are. No table mechanic required (sorry Glenn, you will probably be called upon to make this happen-I can assure it. Along with that tight pockets guy ;) perfect pockets or something like that :)
Jason
 
Unless you're planning on heating it and keeping room temp/humidity EXACTLY the same, NO two tables will EVER play exactly the same. Adjusting to equipment is just another part of the game.
 
Tables would play exactly the same every time no matter where in the world they are. No table mechanic required (sorry Glenn, you will probably be called upon to make this happen-I can assure it. Along with that tight pockets guy ;) perfect pockets or something like that :)
Jason

The same way every time, Jason?....that will happen only in video games.

The cloth wears....chalk falls on the cloth with every shot...every hard hit leaves indentations.

Try practising a bank at high speed....the fifth time you hit that same spot on the rail...
...it will bank noticeably shorter.

There is no security....life is constantly in a state of flux
 
I'm starting to love Diamonds. I cannot part with my GC4. If every table had the same consistency I could not realize it the way I play. I'm not that fine tuned.
 
The same way every time, Jason?....that will happen only in video games.

The cloth wears....chalk falls on the cloth with every shot...every hard hit leaves indentations.

Try practising a bank at high speed....the fifth time you hit that same spot on the rail...
...it will bank noticeably shorter.

There is no security....life is constantly in a state of flux

You guys beat me to it and said it already. It is worth noting that diamond actually caters to pool players and actually makes design changes based on players wishes. Now that is a company worth supporting imho. IMO, Brunswick could care less about pool, much less the players these days. Diamond has earned my respect for sure with their best in class product. I vote with my hard earned dollars and diamond got the cash. Best money I ever spent. Proud owner since 2005.
 
You guys beat me to it and said it already. It is worth noting that diamond actually caters to pool players and actually makes design changes based on players wishes. Now that is a company worth supporting imho. IMO, Brunswick could care less about pool, much less the players these days. Diamond has earned my respect for sure with their best in class product. I vote with my hard earned dollars and diamond got the cash. Best money I ever spent. Proud owner since 2005.

I've always wondered why the WPBA didn't play exclusively on Diamonds...
...after all, they're a girl's best friend.....:wink:

I agree about Brunswick...I lost a lot of faith in them since the GC 111s.
I loved the GC 1 and the Anniversary....even the old Monarch.
...but they went the way of the North American car industry...early fifties, the car engineers
lost control to the accountants....the stock value became more important than product
quality and development, until the Japanese smartened them up by taking a big slice
of the market.
Well, Diamond hasn't smartened Brunswick up yet...I doubt if any Brunswick decision
maker can hit the end rail.
 
The billiard division of Brunswick Corp. is such a small piece of the pie, I think it is only around for nostalgia sake.
 
Hopefully in the next 2 years I can show you all what I mean.

I think you will all say why hasn't this been done before.

We all realize "things happen" to cloth and rails, that cannot be controlled.

What I can control is the speed of the cloth on every table - it will be exactly the same. of course it will vary according to temp and humidity in different areas, but it should play exactly the same in that poolroom. I can also give you a table that the cloth and rails can be changed by anybody in a lot less time than it takes now.
Jason
 
Diamond would play better with Superspeed cushions.
Or upside-down Artemis.
Hah!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top