Would You Want To Be These Guys???

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-leggs
hey smashmouth i have no idea where your coming from but earl has about as much class as a piece of $hit.he is a mouth piece that sharks people ,puts down players,errogant,prejudice loser,he should not be on the tour just for being an a$$hole.i have no idea the history between linda and earl but i for one think he has no class what so ever,waste of skin in my books.

I don't think I can add a thing to this, but simply replying with the quote is rewarding.

Dave, feels better now :)

Ditto :p

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
daveK said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy-leggs
hey smashmouth i have no idea where your coming from but earl has about as much class as a piece of $hit.he is a mouth piece that sharks people ,puts down players,errogant,prejudice loser,he should not be on the tour just for being an a$$hole.i have no idea the history between linda and earl but i for one think he has no class what so ever,waste of skin in my books.

I don't think I can add a thing to this, but simply replying with the quote is rewarding.

Dave, feels better now :)
Ditto :p :p

crosseyedjoe

Anywhere but here
Silver Member
"The problem I have with him being an APA SL6 and qualifying is that I would KNOW a bunch of other shooters who are far better than he is within my armature pool league.

Some of the SL7s in our league are a few balls ahead of the SL6, and would be no contest in a race to eight on a full size table."

The difference is that the guy made an effort to qualify while your better friends didn't.

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
crosseyedjoe said:
"The problem I have with him being an APA SL6 and qualifying is that I would KNOW a bunch of other shooters who are far better than he is within my armature pool league.

Some of the SL7s in our league are a few balls ahead of the SL6, and would be no contest in a race to eight on a full size table."

The difference is that the guy made an effort to qualify while your better friends didn't.
He didnt "qualify". He was picked. He didnt win a qualifier.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Hi Heath,

Ryan is fully sponsored by his job and they are proud that he made it on the IPT. They pay for his flights, lodging and entry fees. And he realizes that he is one lucky dog!

The bar that he plays in regularly even covered his special table with IPT cloth.

I think the bar is due a refund.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
Thanks Jimmy, Heath, Gregg, Dave and SGM for having my back. I think Smashmouth just likes to hit and run. He has not deigned to reply to my post after his attack. :mad:

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
LC,
You quote smashmouth as saying,

"I've played in rooms where even when you lose you better act humble or you're asking for it and heaven forbid you act the clown when you win."

It seems from his behavior and demeanor here on AZB that he has failed to learn the lesson that those rooms have to offer.

P.S. - We've been thinking of having an official AZB "Room Goon" for the DCC 2007, just for players who "misbehave". I guess here we just have to rely on the moderators to deal with delinquents.

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
Linda Carter,

I don't mean to single you out however you post here and play on the tour, so you are fair game as far as I'm concerned.

You seem like a nice enough person, but your elitist attitiude is begining to show. You are not a world class player, not even close. You have no business fronting as such, and your tour card was not earned in the slightest. You barely have the skill to win a single match, you should not be playing on this tour.

I can see why Strickland is pissed off with you, people like you are lowering the prestige and standards of the IPT. You should also apologize to Earl for insulting him, he is worthy of the IPT, you are not.

That is all.

Leave it to A$$holes such as you to stink up this thread. Come back and contribute when you have something worthy to say to us!

Otherwise keep your worthless opinions to yourself.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
Linda Carter,

I don't mean to single you out however you post here and play on the tour, so you are fair game as far as I'm concerned.

You seem like a nice enough person, but your elitist attitiude is begining to show. You are not a world class player, not even close. You have no business fronting as such, and your tour card was not earned in the slightest. You barely have the skill to win a single match, you should not be playing on this tour.

I can see why Strickland is pissed off with you, people like you are lowering the prestige and standards of the IPT. You should also apologize to Earl for insulting him, he is worthy of the IPT, you are not.

That is all.

Smashmouth.....and the reason for this comment was????? Seriously, if you have never met or shot with Linda, I am just trying to figure out where this comment is coming from.

Since I have met AND shot with Linda.....actually in a competitive situation...I can say that I have never experienced this 'eliteist' attitude of which you speak. She is deadly serious when she steps to the table, which is as it should be while in competition, but I have found her to be extremely amiable and quite chatty off.....my kind of person.

AND....as to her performances in the IPT......I see that you are not listed as a qualifying player. Especially for a woman, in a male dominated field, I think she shows a tremendous amount of heart. And, it is an experience that one can learn a great deal about themselves competitively in. She has my upmost respect, and support.

As far as I am concerned, until you are standing in her shoes, with cue in hand...you should keep your personal attacks to yourself. Or in terms that may well be more understandable to you.....KEEP YOUR PIE-HOLE SHUT!

Lisa

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
rackmsuckr said:
Thanks Jimmy, Heath, Gregg, Dave and SGM for having my back. I think Smashmouth just likes to hit and run. He has not deigned to reply to my post after his attack. :mad:
Did the same thing in the thread about Deno in the IPT forum. :rolleyes:
ridethewind said:
Smashmouth.....and the reason for this comment was????? Seriously, if you have never met or shot with Linda, I am just trying to figure out where this comment is coming from.
I doubt he has met or spoke or emailed with Deno Andrews either, but that didnt seem to stop him there. He seems to blurt out things that he assumes to be true but arn't.

Last edited:

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Folks,

The fact of the matter is, you have to start somewhere. Being an Jasmin Ouschan crashing into the WPBA is the exception, not the norm.

I have witnessed plenty of "C" players strive to improve themselves and then the next thing you know, they're winning Qualifiers into the WPBA events. Then, the next thing you SEE, they're on their way to the top rankings!

Congrats to all the "little" players of the IPT!! You never know WHAT will give WHO the impetus to climb the ranks!

Barbara

Kerry Impson

Former player
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
...your elitist attitiude is begining to show. You are not a world class player, not even close. You have no business fronting as such, and your tour card was not earned in the slightest. You barely have the skill to win a single match, you should not be playing on this tour.
Hmmm....Linda submitted an application, in the hopes of being chosen for this first incarnation of the IPT, and she was chosen. As a self-weeding tour, if her caliber of play doesn't cut it, she won't play next year; but it's certainly not her fault she was chosen (from among something like 2000 applicants?) to play this year. I don't believe Linda has an elitist bone in her body, and I also don't believe she ever "fronts" as a world-class player. I know you were referring to all the players who got in by application and didn't "earn" it, not just Linda. However, as pointed out in other posts, these players were judged worthy by whatever criteria the powers that be at the IPT used. If you want to rant, rant at them!!

JMHO, FWIW.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
Linda Carter,

That is all.

If u meet her and get to know her u will realize that you were wrong with your assumptions about her and u will regret for your comments and u will start feeling guilty to the point u will not be able to sleep and eat.It is not too late for you to PM her.

Last edited:

poolsucker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not upset with the weak players in the IPT. I am very upset with so many top professioal pool players that could give the 6 out to aleast 40 members of the IPT and did not get in. They even sent an application in on time. I know about 20 of those unlucky people. I kow world wide it would be quite difficult. It's a damn shame!!! I am jealous I did not send in application though. Hell, I might have been one of the chosen few. I hope someday the women and hall of famers could have their own profitable tours. With the exception of Efren and Jose, their still awsome. Just my 2 cents!!!

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
smashmouth said:
Linda Carter,

That is all.

Very nasty post! You should be ashamed!