wow SVB forfeits match vs Alcano

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Capture.JPGRef called a foul on Shane for not calling the 10 ball and Shane unscrews and forfeits the match the score was 5-3 Alcano in a race to 9 wow
i will post the link soon
10 ball was almost straight in lol

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw it too. I think the score was 5-3 before Shane pocketed the 10.

The table rolled out 6 inches as well. I wonder if Shane forfeited becaseue of that? It was hard to tell why he forfeited to me, as there was no sound on the stream.

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alcano has an option to shoot 10 ball will be spotted. Shane gave up the match, he lost his cool.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ref called a foul on Shane for not calling the 10 ball and Shane unscrews and forfeits the match the score was 5-3 Alcano in a race to 9 wow
i will post the link soon

Shocker
Ronnie would just be up 6-3 and breaking and Shane still in it
Not sure if this is 2nd round last 32 or stil 1st round double Eli

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcano did remind the referee about the call shot based on his body actions on the replay. lol :grin::grin:

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All I can say is, if that is really what happened (did not call the 10 ball when you are supposed to), then Shane should not have quit.

I remember that happened to Efren too and he just grinned and scratched his head and continued on.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shocker

Shane is still in. It is double elimination for this first round. There are 8 groups of 15 each. Top 4 advances to the final 32 (single elimination).

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Maybe I was wrong about Ronnie....

Really disappointed..

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you go a few seconds before to 1:24.40 you can see the nasty roll.

I stand corrected after watching the replay, Shane defiitnely forefited due to not calling the 10.

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D Some people are blaming Alcano for not doing or saying anything. What is the referee there for if not to enforce the rules? Shane committed an error, then he should be penalized. It was his decision to quit which is a sign of poor sportsmanship. Why should he receive any special treatment?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shocker

This was just Shane's 2nd match in his group of 15 players. 4 from each group will make the final round of 32. With this loss, Shane now has to win 3 in a row on the losers' side of his group of 15 if he is to make the round of 32.

Are they playing with a special rule that the 10 has to be called even when it is obvious? Because obvious shots do not have to be called under WPA rules.

Edit -- I wonder if they have any other non-WPA rules.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:D Some people are blaming Alcano for not doing or saying anything. What is the referee there for if not to enforce the rules? Shane committed an error, then he should be penalized. It was his decision to quit which is a sign of poor sportsmanship. Why should he receive any special treatment?

Blaming Alcano is just silly . Like those who blame Obama for losing Mosconi Cup . Muahahaha

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watching the other games, I did notice that Ronnie explicitly called the 10 on the games he won, but Shane didn't on his previous 3 wins. I don't know why the ref started enforcing that rule on Shane's 4th win but none of his first 3. I also don't know why they require the 10-ball to be explicitly called. It's like some kind of bar rule.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was just Shane's 2nd match in his group of 15 players. 4 from each group will make the final round of 32. With this loss, Shane now has to win 3 in a row on the losers' side of his group of 15 if he is to make the round of 32.

Are they playing with a special rule that the 10 has to be called even when it is obvious? Because obvious shots do not have to be called under WPA rules.

Edit -- I wonder if they have any other non-WPA rules.

http://www.wpa-pool.com/web/index.asp?id=118&pagetype=rules#9.5
Ya WPA rules say obvious shots need not be called .
Maybe here they have specify that 10 ball must be called - don't sure
From what I have seen of major 10 ball tourneys , 10 ball are not called if obvious

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a good lesson. Anytime I gamble if I'm playing call the money ball I call it if it's hanging. There is no reason not to.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's clear he didn't forget - he just didn't know that was the rule, probably because that's never the rule. He didn't call the 10 on any of the games he won.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Shane won the previous rack and shot the 10ball in front of the same ref and nothing was said.

Honestly this is the nittiest shit rule in the world. I would have quit too. Calling the balls eliminates luck, no luck was involved here.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
It's a good lesson. Anytime I gamble if I'm playing call the money ball I call it if it's hanging. There is no reason not to.

We have a local tour that's a "called 9" tour. It's become a popular way to play up here. Though, it only needs to be called if it's not obvious. A bank, combo, carom etc need to be called. What Shane shot, would never need to be called.

Calling a hanger is obnoxious and calling someone out for not calling a hanger is nitty

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I think Shane must have thought you only had to call the 10 on shots that weren't obvious, or maybe he just didn't know you had to call the 10.

Either way, it would be very tough to beat Alcano 6-2 or better from there, especially after the psychological let down of giving a game he won away. Sometimes this game of pool just drives you bonkers.