Wrapless Flame veneer Libra!!!

nateschade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
PRICE DROP 850.For sale is a sweet wrapless flame veneer libra cue that i believe was made late 80's early 90's. High figure birseye into ebony cue that is 57'' long and hits super stiff. Butt weighs 15.3 shafts 1 original 12.9mm and 3.5 oz the other shaft i was told is done by ed young and hits quite a bit stiffer and is an older darker growth shaft it is 12.8 and 3.8 oz. Cue is in great shape but there is a very very small roll to the forearm a 16th to a 32th of an inch.Radial Pin.Price asking 850 shipped.

Attachments

• DSC01105.jpg
    DSC01105.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,886
  • DSC01104.jpg
    DSC01104.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,874
  • DSC01103.jpg
    DSC01103.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,875
  • DSC01094.jpg
    DSC01094.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,861
  • DSC01102.jpg
    DSC01102.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1,884
Last edited:

cuemoD

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
libra cue question

im interested in this cue if it is indeed a libra cue, but i've never seen one with a radial pin. is there any proof that it is a libra? the years you mentioned seem correct for a libra but what other info can you provide? thanks!

cbaumann212

Jackass Extraordinaire
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
This is a Libra cue. I know a previous owner of the cue in Chicago, who did in fact have Ed Young make a shaft for it.

nateschade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
libra

Thanks for the info gentlemen. Even i'm learning about my cue.lol It will make a sweet player for someone. I will take small partial trades also.

BradenK

My Thight HURTS!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
That is a great price for a Libra. Especially a full-splice. I am surprised it is still here. GLWS!!

Braden

half fast bankr

Purist / Traditionalist
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Between this thread, and the old thread, there seems to be some discrepancies. Not screaming foul, just curious.

The radial is odd, for both Jack and Ed. Perhaps this cue just isn't't that old. When did the radial come about? Was Deano just the person whom ordered it? Other thread says he helped make it. Also, there were two fat shaft (1 custom OB) orig to this cue. Is one now gone and has been replaced by an EY shaft?

Either way and all in all, it is a sexy stick!
I'm sure Deano will drop some info on us any minute.

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
147   0   0
Between this thread, and the old thread, there seems to be some discrepancies. Not screaming foul, just curious.

The radial is odd, for both Jack and Ed. Perhaps this cue just isn't't that old. When did the radial come about? Was Deano just the person whom ordered it? Other thread says he helped make it. Also, there were two fat shaft (1 custom OB) orig to this cue. Is one now gone and has been replaced by an EY shaft?

Either way and all in all, it is a sexy stick!
I'm sure Deano will drop some info on us any minute.

I read the same discrepancies..The blank used looks very contemporary..I believe Prather started making full splice veneered blanks around 2005..

nateschade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
bump

This was an ebay pick up about a yr and a half ago. I dont have much more information then what i posted. sorry guys. I was under the assumption that it was older from a couple people i spoke to but sounds like they were wrong. Thanks Nate

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
the cue was made by john nemic for jack potter
it is not a libra cue at all

it is a very nice cue made by a tremendous cuemaker from a prather blank

jack made libra cues
but according to his own post,this is not a libra cue

just sorting it out as requested
it is a nice cue that belonged to a famous player,jack potter

nateschade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks

Thanks for the info Deano. I'm going to leave it for sale here a little longer then send it to ebay. any more offers out there.

XPLAYHARDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
leave it to Dean

Dean your the best as it seems that you are the go to guy yet again. Happy Holidays to you and yours.....Jeff