wrapless southwest pacifier...

ironworker78

breaker 1-9ner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
like the title says ..are they any wrapless pacifiers out there someoene would want to part with....or super plain jane wrapless....pm spec..thanks..:thumbup:

The Clever Set

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
There are "plain" SW wrapless cues out there. I saw one in ebony. Just like a normal SW with rings, etc., but no points. Good luck finding one for sale, though.

No wrapless pacifiers were ever made, as far as I know.

like the title says ..are they any wrapless pacifiers out there someoene would want to part with....or super plain jane wrapless....pm spec..thanks..:thumbup:

reobaer

Baer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacifier cues are offered to hold over buyers during the 7-10 year wait it will take before the receive the custom cue they ordered. It is intended to pacify during the wait.

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
OK, let me ask a dumb question. What is a pacifier cue?

The "pacifier" cue is a plain maple SW cue with simple ringwork...just one ring.

Jerry Franklin originally made "pacifier" cues only for people who had ordered a large, expensive cue. The simple cue was to hold them over, or "pacify" them until the big cue was completed.

The pacifier has a satin finish, and the pin is not numbered, and it does not contain the cactus. What you get is a simple SW cue with a great shaft. It is a super playing cue that one does not have to be worried about bumping or banging up.

Every now and then, Laurie and the guys will throw a "pacifier" cue into the mix. I do not believe that one can order a pacifier, but you can order a simple SW cue....and wait 10 years to receive it.

Joe

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
And since Will was nice enough to post a picture of a rare old pacifier, here is one of less than 12 made in 1993 with a lone cactus on the pin. This is the year they began putting the cactus and serial number on pins so they began putting the cactus on their pacifiers too, but they stopped because it defeated the purpose of a pacifier cue.

Dave

Attachments

• Satin Franklin AZ.jpg
    Satin Franklin AZ.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 918
  • Southwest AZ.jpg
    Southwest AZ.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 916

ironworker78

breaker 1-9ner
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yea i remeber that cue at the dcc sw titlist i had a wood the rest of the day.....still looking for a plain jain wrapless soutwest.....any info would be awesome..