Yahoo.....COVID Vaccinations Are Gaining Steam........Alleluia!

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TDS is clouding your comprehension. Last July, Pfizer contacted with Operation Warp Speed for the guaranteed sale of 1.95 billion dollars worth of vaccine.

My comment was based on your rants over in NPR, which were and still are many.
Selling the gov’t what you are creating is not participating like you wish it had been like.
Pfizer said to the government, when the vaccine is ready & approved, we’ll sell you some.

OWS purchased the vaccine and negotiated a better price before the vaccine was released.
Pfizer would have sold the vaccine at market rates that would cost more so OWS ordered it.

Trump had nothing to do with Pfizer’s breakthrough vaccine & Pfizer had nothing to do with Trump.
GOP supporters are just desperate to find anything good to write about Trump before his trials start.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
TDS is clouding your comprehension. Last July, Pfizer contacted with Operation Warp Speed for the guaranteed sale of 1.95 billion dollars worth of vaccine.

My comment was based on your rants over in NPR, which were and still are.
You just admitted you have a gripe with me because you don’t like what I wrote in a Forum Subsection.
NPR was created so that the political bullshit arguments don’t spill into the Main Forum. So I post there.

But you apparently don’t have the self control to confine your political thoughts and comments to NPR.
You brought politics into my pool related post trying to derail a thread about being able to play pool again.

Personally, I’m indifferent to who makes the vaccine as long as it protects me & spares Americans from dying.
Tiffany Trump could invent the vaccine and if it was approved, I’d take it. So get lost and also get vaccinated.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting it, doesn't keep you from spreading it, "may" prevent you from having serious complications should you get it, and does not protect against new variations or strains, which "they" say covid is very likely to do...
So you're ready to participate in this awful covid filled world, because you got a vaccine?
Do you think you put on Supermans cape or something 🤔...
How many lives has the vaccine saved, because VEARS is doing a pretty good job of tracking how many it's killed.
If you get vaccinated and are around others that have also gotten vaccinated, then you do not need to be
worried about becoming infecting or infecting those people. So you can assemble with greater confidence
and less worry about social distancing and wearing a mask. And since everyone would be vaccinated against
COVID, the likelihood of anyone contracting the virus would be extremely small. But that does not mean large
assemblies of people should not be avoided. When you expand the population of people in the gathering or
setting, you increase the odds of someone having the virus while vaccinated and thus shows hardly any sign
of symptoms due to their increased immunity. This is as much about not spreading the virus to others as it is
about taking precautions to protect yourself and family. Getting vaccinated is not only safe but very smart to do.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a nice little straw man and false dilemma all wrapped up into one. Good job.

You’re the one that said you were mourning over the half million dead, none of whom you actually knew. How do the other 2 million this year alone, not rate the same sense of loss from you?

DieselPete

You’re the one that said you were mourning over the half million dead, none of whom you actually knew. How do the other 2 million this year alone, not rate the same sense of loss from you?
You aren’t even responding to the correct people at this point. But he’s right. Your
response to me was a straw man and so I didn’t bother with it.
As for your other response, I’ll point out that I don’t wear a mask and wash my hands to “feel safer.” I do those things because they in fact do make me and others safer. It’s science.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You aren’t even responding to the correct people at this point. But he’s right. Your
response to me was a straw man and so I didn’t bother with it.
As for your other response, I’ll point out that I don’t wear a mask and wash my hands to “feel safer.” I do those things because they in fact do make me and others safer. It’s science.
Ah yes, the science. Except that as much of the science disagrees with you as agrees.

Do what makes you and your family feel safe.

Although I do admit to feeling much safer every time you wash your hands… 😂

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Airbornes don't care about hand washing or screens.

Though, hand washing is a good thing for other reasons.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
And, apparently they were wrong about the 6 feet thingy.

Now, it's 3 feet.

The virus has mutated into one with shorter legs.

Jeff Livingston

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And, apparently they were wrong about the 6 feet thingy.

Now, it's 3 feet.

The virus has mutated into one with shorter legs.

Jeff Livingston
Isn’t it also amazing that you have to wear a mask to your table in a restaurant but take it off once you get there?

It is strictly my opinion but I am baffled how many sheep have bought into this whole pandemic thing when the people who are supposed to be in charge not only change their guidelines weekly but the numbers get wholes shot in them on a routine basis. But hey, if you want to be a guinea pig with the vaccine or your mask makes you feel holier than thou, by all means you do you.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
. . . So about a month from now I can resume pool playing and one of my closet friends just remodeled his garage
turning it into his home pool studio.
One of your "closet" friends?
What is going on with you two, Bava?

(Sorry, Bav . . . all in fun; I generally agree with many of your posts -- couldn't resist ribbing you about that common letter-omission typo.) Sometimes a Freudian slip.

Arnaldo ~ (Compulsive proofreader after many years of writing and reviewing long articles.)

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of your "closet" friends?
What is going on with you two, Bava?

(Sorry, Bav . . . all in fun; I generally agree with many of your posts -- couldn't resist ribbing you about that common letter-omission typo.) Sometimes a Freudian slip.

Arnaldo ~ (Compulsive proofreader after many years of writing and reviewing long articles.

Humorous poke in the eye......even spell check would miss my typo.

Personally speaking, if hadn’t been a typo, so be it too. I do not care.

In the eyes of the Catholic Church, God and my own, we’re all equals.

If we look down on others, gotta remember that God looks down on us.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
yes many people have died.............. 500,000 listed as died from covid............... funny practically no one has died from the flu............... usually 60,00 or so each year.............. and many that actually died from covid had underlying issues............. an estimated 90%................. so what does it all mean.?????

JessEm

AzB Goldmember
Silver Member
I know very few middle-aged and under people who have any interest whatsoever these vaccines. Just saying.

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It means washing hands, distancing, lockdowns and wearing mask has an effect of flu transmission.

And yet, everybody continues to claim that the reason that the states that have had the most onerous mask, social distancing, and business closure mandates are not seeing better Covid results, is because people are ignoring those mandates.

Apparently those things only work for the flu, but not so well for Covid…

😂😂😂😂😂😂

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And yet, everybody continues to claim that the reason that the states that have had the most onerous mask, social distancing, and business closure mandates are not seeing better Covid results, is because people are ignoring those mandates.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Wear that mask, serf!!!

Covid particle less than 1 micron-Masks will keep you safe.

California wild fire smoke particles greater than 10 microns-Masks are ineffective, stay inside.

The flu was not a profitable business model with the Covid paying so well.

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Children are the main drivers of the flu. Many children have not been going to school, and for those that have gone to school they do so with mask wearing and social distancing. Children usually aren't allowed to ignore those rules enforced in schools.

As for COVID, the main drivers are adults. Adults generally do whatever the heck they want, mandates be damned.