Y'all Are in Trouble Now

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had cataract surgery this morning on my right eye, left to follow on the 5th.

For the last few years my eye doc has been saying, "Don't know how you play pool with that big honkin' cataract on your right eye."

We shall "see," lol.

Love and thanks to Gail at my bedside though the whole thing.

Lou Figueroa

Attachments

• IMG_5717.jpg
    IMG_5717.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 138

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of luck to you Lou , I’m sure you’ll heal up fast and fine. Why is this bold now?

Anyways again my best,
Fatboy<——-sorry about the technical issues 😀😀

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had cataracts and both eyes fixed in 2011, still 20/20.
No longer do I see fuzz on the balls but I see crisp, bright colors.
Now when I shoot, I can see how far I missed the pocket by and
exactly where on the rail the ball hit! lol
Cataracts for me were so gradual I had no idea how bad my vision was until after they were fixed.
Good luck Lou and enjoy your "new" eyesight.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had cataract surgery this morning on my right eye, left to follow on the 5th.

For the last few years my eye doc has been saying, "Don't know how you play pool with that big honkin' cataract on your right eye."

We shall "see," lol.

Love and thanks to Gail at my bedside though the whole thing.

Lou Figueroa
Best of luck to you.

I had both eyes done and you will be amazed at how much better you will be able to see.

Rusty in Montana

Well now you won't be able to say you're blind in one eye and can't see out of the other any more ha ha
Isn't it interesting how we fight to not get something fixed then when we finally do we wish we'd of done it sooner !
I hope and pray for your complete and speedy recovery !

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Best of luck to you Lou , I’m sure you’ll heal up fast and fine. Why is this bold now?

Anyways again my best,
Fatboy<——-sorry about the technical issues 😀😀
Hahahaha.

But seriously, hope you have a good recovery! New eyes must be exciting for a pool player.

Rickhem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My dad had cataracts addressed in both of his eyes about 7-8 years ago, at 85, and still now both eyes are 20-20. He has worn glasses his whole life and now we have to get used to him without them.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and the previously mentioned 150% recovery once both are done.

HNTFSH

Birds, Bass & Bottoms
Silver Member
Good luck!!

What Are the Side Effects?​

Side effects are rare from cataract surgery, but some things that could happen are:

• Eye infection or swelling
  • Bleeding
  • Retinal detachment -- the breaking away of a layer of tissue at the back of your eye that senses light
  • Drooping eyelid
  • Temporary rise in eye pressure 12-24 hours after surgery
  • Up to 96% increase in pocket rattling billiard balls

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks to all for the good wishes.

This morning I had my one day followup and the doc says everything looks great. And just walking to the hospital I could tell I was seeing better out of my right eye than I ever had. I had a contact lense in my left eye and even though my right was still slightly dilated it could give my left the seven and the breaks in terms of sharp vision.

Certainly the whole thing is a very odd and somewhat unsettling process, but not painful. I've probably had more drops put into my right eye the last 24 hours than in both eyes my entire life. It was also kinda weird, after numbing drops and anesthesia, to have the surgeon come up to me with what looked like a felt pen and draw two dots on my eye. Then I got put on a stretcher with a very stiff three sided head rest complete with the Frankenstein leather head strap to restrict movement. Then a vacuum kinda thing that looked like one piece of a swimming goggle was put on my eyeball and then a large laser machine was swiveled over my head and it broke up the cataract while the goggle thingie suctioned up the debris. THEN I got wheeled into surgery where some small incisions were made and the new lens was inserted.

I can't say I felt anything during the procedure nor was there any freak out moments so that was all good. Afterwards I did feel like I'd accidentally popped myself in the eye so I took a Tylenol and that's pretty much been it. I have to wear a plastic eye shield at night while I sleep and when I take a shower; I have three different bottles of eye drops to administer for a week; two more follow up appointments; and then that eye is done. Then it's on to the left eye.

The good news is that I think i'll be able to play pool tomorrow : -)

Lou Figueroa