Yay!!!! My first set of veneers.

seahorse1877

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These are my first set of veneers. I think I did a good job as I am proud of them. I was just wondering if it is possible to get less visable glue lines on the veneers, I used a Med. Ca and the veneers are from Prather. Just wondering if I could do better. Thanks for any advice.
 

Attachments

  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 472
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 481
  • car.jpg
    car.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 476
  • car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 494
Use wood glue to avoid glue lines. CA is very strong glue & has it's applications, but seamless veneers aren't one them. Epoxy, CA & a couple brands of poly glues leave glue lines. Wood glue, white glue & hide glue leave no line. My personal preference is Titebond II.
 
I think you did a nice job for your first try, but wood glue would be better for an adhesive, Titebond II is a very good wood glue to use for this purpose. Some can cause the veneer's to bleed their color's depending upon the glue and the dye used to color the veneer's, but I have never had this problem with Titebond.

Again for your first time you did great, my first try was a mess compared to your's!!!!!!:D

JIMO
 
Veneers

These are my first set of veneers. I think I did a good job as I am proud of them. I was just wondering if it is possible to get less visable glue lines on the veneers, I used a Med. Ca and the veneers are from Prather. Just wondering if I could do better. Thanks for any advice.

Nice job. I might suggest staggering your stack so that the lines are staggered.
Also, lap each stack before glueing up the next stack. See a post on
"Ask the cue maker" on glueing veneers. Good luck.
 
Back
Top