Your best playing production cue

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Gold Member
You can't go wrong with the curremt Joss cues. I have 6 of them
That’s good to hear. I’ve never hit with one, but just bought a Joss Purple Heart sneaky to break with. And play with on occasion. It’s on the way.

I used to like the 90’s stealth cues. Came with a LePro and got the job done under $100. Best all around for the money.

Best production would be a curly maple Viking with vpro 11.75mm., “old Viking” short tapered shaft.

Last edited:

T@BP

The best playing "production cue" I ever owned is an Exceed cue (EXICS2-13WC1).
Quality and finish is maybe the best on the market, and they play and feels great.

phreaticus

That’s good to hear. I’ve never hit with one, but just bought a Purple Heart sneaky to break with. And play with on occasion. It’s on the way.

I used to like the 90’s stealth cues. Came with a LePro and got the job done under $100.
Absolutely, you literally can't go wrong with a Joss so called fancy sneaky. My first "nice cue" was a Joss purpleheart sneaky in the late 80's that was amazing, sold it when I quit playing pool in 1995. When I restarted again in 2020, I was pleasantly surprised to see Dan Janes and son still punching them out - he made me a "fresh" PH sneaky and it hits every bit as good. Also their newer "HP" maple shafts (low deflection) play super nice IMO, almost exactly like a 314. I've always thought the linen shaft threads insert on Joss's shafts - is a big part of their excellent feel, and don't recall seeing anyone else's piloted 5/16-14 joints done that way. I let another strong playing pool junkie buddy of mine play with it recently and he was also amazed at how nice it hits.

Last edited:

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Gold Member
Absolutely, you literally can't go wrong with a Joss so called fancy sneaky. My first "nice cue" was a Joss purpleheart sneaky in the late 80's that was amazing, sold it when I quit playing pool in 1995. When I restarted again in 2020, I was pleasantly surprised to see Dan Janes and son still punching them out - he made me a "fresh" PH sneaky and it hits every bit as good. Also their "HD" series maple shafts (low deflection) play super nice IMO, almost exactly like a 314. I let another strong playing pool junkie buddy of mine play with it recently and he was also amazed at how nice it hits.
There are no Joss dealers around here. Never have been. They have well thought out designs. So It was an easy decision when I asked online dealer if his last one rolled straight. His response was “yes and the Joss’s rarely, if ever come warped from the factory.”

phreaticus

There are no Joss dealers around here. Never have been. They have well thought out designs. So It was an easy decision when I asked online dealer if his last one rolled straight. His response was “yes and the Joss’s rarely, if ever come warped from the factory.”
I'm pretty sure you'll love it. Joss has a ton of pool history under their belt, Joss is a big part of American pool culture. Dan used to run around and make cues for Wimpy Lassiter, he's got great stories. Any Joss sneaky I've seen rolls perfect and they all feel quite similar. BTW, the purists will always get upset calling them sneaky's, as they are really full cored a-joints with floating points, not even 1/2 splices let alone dressed up full splice house cues - but they play and look great and I've always been fine calling them sneaky's :)

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dan Janes says he personally inspects every cue before it leaves the shop and I
believe him.

Billiardscollec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play with a Viking F Series Model 24 (Uses Viking Quick Release Joint) with some custom features. I've used a Predator 314-2 and a Revo on it. Before that I used the original shafts. I've played with it since 2005. I own Tascarellas, Herceks, Cantandos, Szambotis, Showman, Ginacue, Black Boar, etc, but that cue feels right to me over the others.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Gold Member
Dan Janes says he personally inspects every cue before it leaves the shop and I
believe him.
It arrived. And I have a good feeling about Joss now. It’s supposed to be my breaker, but wanted to break it in some first. Broke with the house breaker and ran the first rack with the Joss. Not to say the rest were all great, but on first impressions.👍 Hits a lot different than a Viking. Solid might be the correct term. With a little ping for the boogieman!

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exceed, blows my mind every time I play with it. The company has ruined me to a point on customs. It's hard to imagine a cue can play any better than an Exceed if you can find one....
I’ve been playing with a few Exceeds for about five years and like yourself I’m very satisfied with it. Just curious, which Mezz shaft are you currently using with your Exceed, that you like the best? I’ve tried them all, but I keep going back to the EXPro shaft my Exceed came with.

RAMIII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve been playing with a few Exceeds for about five years and like yourself I’m very satisfied with it. Just curious, which Mezz shaft are you currently using with your Exceed, that you like the best? I’ve tried them all, but I keep going back to the EXPro shaft my Exceed came with.
I use the ignite shaft, although I enjoy the expro amd sigma wood shafts.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The old Brunswick Titlists House Cues are flipping great. People even cut in two pieces, and make fancy conversions.
1658028374827.png