Your best playing production cue

Ray Schuler. Originals. I know most think these were simple or he made too many, but I LOVED the hit on his cues. I took a long hiatus from pool and returned after Ray passed on. I tried current models from Jacoby but they seem to lack "something". I'm too stupid/talentless/ignorant to put my finger on it, though.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a Pechauer Cue with a Dominator Radial ply laminated shaft... Won a Lot of tournaments with that Cue. And it was very beautiful... lots of inlays, but not too many. The very first person bought it...... I was given a Cue by Guido Orlandi, that Plays like a Magic Wand, so the Pechauer is being enjoyed by Ronnie

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pechauer. Unbeatable quality at very reasonable prices. The grow their own trees, harvest them themselves, process them in their own sawmill, and build every screw and joint in their own metal shop. Who else does that? Great customer service on top of all that.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
Joss.

As far as production cues go, they're hard to beat. I have 2 of them, that I bought on the used market...and they're incredible.

Grimper

Joss makes extensions, look here. Very pricey for what they are, but available. I have an 8” that I don’t use, brand new condition will sell it for $75, in case anyone needs one.
But they are NOT "quick release" extensions. They are more like "permanent" extensions.

You literally have to unscrew the entire normal butt, then screw on the extension butt...then unscrew that and rescrew back on the normal butt.

I can put on and off my Predator and Cuetec extensions in under 5 seconds.

phreaticus

But they are NOT "quick release" extensions. They are more like "permanent" extensions.

You literally have to unscrew the entire normal butt, then screw on the extension butt...then unscrew that and rescrew back on the normal butt.

I can put on and off my Predator and Cuetec extensions in under 5 seconds.
Yes, true. Not the greatest design… (and way overpriced).

Just FYI, there is a guy that posts here on AZB that does custom, modern CF lightweight extensions with QR, he could do one for Joss, probably has already done them. He did one for a Tascarella for me that came out perfect. Very high quality and he’s great to work with. AZB username @blokid

Cheers ✌️

Last edited:

Woodshaft

Do what works for YOU!
From '84 to about '92 I shot with a McDermott D26. Hit like a dream. Went thru a divorce and sold it for $350 in '92, god I miss that cue...

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In 1975 I ordered a custom cue from Palmer. It is 59" (57" was standard at the time), two shafts, and 21 oz. It is, to this day, my favorite playing cue even though I have tried many others over the years. I have had 4 shafts made for it during its life, all solid maple. I am so used to playing with deflection I just cannot seem to warm up to LD shafts, too old I guess. The Palmer is such a nice cue.

khessler

Shooting for 30 years just got my jflowers haven't used it yet .ive had Adams lucasi, etc. but you can not beat players overall