Votes: 39 37.5%
  • I like to watch 'American Idol'

Votes: 6 5.8%

• Total voters

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
easy-e said:
We had a discussion about this at the derby......why do people insist on typing IMO at the end of their post? Isn't it obvious that you are stating your opinion???

Eric,
I never knew what IMO meant. I thought it was a plug for some hip-hop group or a code that they were in a secret orginization, or like a union type logo (International Mailman Ossociation) (there's a hit at the spelling police so many spoked of) (there's a hit for the gramer peeps) or maybe a vacation code like OBX=Outer Banks. I never knew what the heck that meant, but now I do.
You're "the bomb" :eek: Eric!

Stay safe my friend....:)

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
#1 - Folks who post rules questions without having made any effort to look them up themselves.

#2 - Folks that answer rule questions who have no idea what they are talking about.

#3 - Folks that do what I just did and miss the point of the OP.

Last edited:

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
The 'Lone Ranger Theme Song' Plays On A Continuous Loop In My Head.... imo

easy-e said:
We had a discussion about this at the derby......why do people insist on typing IMO at the end of their post? Isn't it obvious that you are stating your opinion???

I put an 'imo' at the end of many of my posts, even when it doesn't belong there, because, well, that's just the way I am.... imo
Doug
( and.... it makes people wonder why it's there ) imo

*VIOLA

Last edited:

TheOne

www.MetroPool.club
Silver Member
iba7467 said:
Mostly the incorrect use of to, too, and two. Also their, they're, and there. For some on here, even our, or, and are.

I hate those too to

JMOFWIW

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Mine is the threads that turn into pissing contests... those get sooooo old... and NOTHING is ever resolved. :(

Funny how the same persons are always involved, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Warren

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
giant pictures

Peer said:
Okay, so I'm punchy after a night at the ballhall -- hence, here's another silly poll -- I'm curious, what's your "favorite" forum peeve..?

-- peer

I hate it when someone posts a huge picture in a thread, such that you are forced to scroll horizontally to read the whole thread. That is way more aggravating than grammar or spelling errors. I'd even place it above the painful "ALL CAPS" posts. Warren..

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
BRKNRUN said:
Ha...people also misuse the word alot allot a lot al lot...oh what the hell...!.!
I hope you're not having a go at me. It's you who does it mo stoften.

Boro Nut

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
cigardave said:
Mine is the threads that turn into pissing contests... those get sooooo old... and NOTHING is ever resolved. :(
You're only saying that because you're wrong, and you know you are.

Boro Nut

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
I put an 'imo' at the end of many of my posts, even when it doesn't belong there, because, well, that's just the way I am.... imo
Doug
( and.... it makes people wonder why it's there ) imo

*VIOLA

What about everybody who pretends they're called Lol. Don't they know we can read their profile.

Boro Nut

BRKNRUN

Showin some A$$
Silver Member
Boro Nut said:
I hope you're not having a go at me. It's you who does it mo stoften.

Boro Nut

Nope no one specific...and your right I probably do it a....er..quite a bit. :)

However if you or any one wants to have a go...you can start by saying reading the following out loud...(in front of a group of people)...say it a couple times if you need to.

I Am Sofa King!!! We Todd Ed!!!

That way everyone will know exactly who I am dealing with...;)

Boro Nut

Moderrator
Silver Member
sydbarret said "wheres the can't use the quote function option?"

I agree that should be there too Syd.

Boro Nut

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
beetle said:
I don't want to be a spelling policeman, but...

"Prolly" really bugs me. It took quite awhile before I realized what the hell that meant. Ohhh, it's a phonetic spelling of the way most people pronounce "probably"...

But, most folks who mispronounce this word in the world I live in say "probbly"...

The awful spelling "prolly" is just .... awful!

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
I try very hard not to judge other posters...after all...most of them are only names on the computer. I may know 2 dozen posters personally. But I can't help but wonder which gene is missing when I see "prolly".

Sorry if that offends anyone, but I can't help it. It's just something that pops into my head when I see it. At least now, I know I'm not the only one!

(Having to scroll sideways because of oversized graphics ranks a close second!)

Steve

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Two of my favorites are "would of" (or "should of" or "could of") instead of "would've" (a contraction which is short for "would have"), and "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less" (if you 'couldn't care less' that means you care as little as possible, which is the point of saying "I couldn't care less").

BPG24

Banned
People's inability to read a comment and understand what it means...

Also taking a small part of someones post and running wild on some tangent that has absolutely nothing to do with what the OP was talking about

Ohhhh Yeah

and Tiny Pictures

worriedbeef

The Voice of Reason
Silver Member
the basic spelling and grammar errors like your, you're, there, their etc.

some people posting in all capitals just to be awkward...

people being weak and apologising for their opinion - whenever something even slightly controversial is said they have to stick a 'IMO' or 'my two cents' on the end.

although to be fair, these are general forum peeves and not specific to az. :D

Peer

Norwegian in California
Silver Member
DaveK said:
Another is folks who start a thread and never participate in the dicussion as it unfolds.

To avoid being one of those "folks", obviously I need to participate:

Warren said:
I hate it when someone posts a huge picture in a thread, such that you are forced to scroll horizontally to read the whole thread. That is way more aggravating than grammar or spelling errors. I'd even place it above the painful "ALL CAPS" posts.

Too bad I didn't think of that before making this poll -- I agree that the "huge picture horizontal scroll" peeve is beyond any ALL CAPS post (which admittedly was my initial pick).

-- peer