Your greatest Shark Tactics

danquixote

DanQuixote
Silver Member
really?

perhaps you can guess my favorite color and what car I drive based on join date and posts?

Please enlighten us Detective Columbo.

This is suppose to be a light hearted fun thread BTW.

There is nothing funny or lighthearted about cheating. If you can't win w/o some underhanded tactic then ask for some weight.

Your favorite color is yellow, but I have no idea what you drive.

Last edited:

BrokeStroke

I need the wild 2.
Silver Member
This is terrible.

Sharking your opponent in the finals of a tournament isn't harmless fun. It is a sign that you know your game isn't good enough to win.

Sharking is a low tactic and there is no respect for it, especially for people that brag about it.

Get better and quit sharking.

blah blah

Shoebat
I know sharking is bad etiquette but it's part of the game and it's an art within itself.

Here are some of the few tricks I get away from....

-When an opponent is shooting, depending on the pool hall, I would walk away and go grab a beverage. Sometimes they will stop and wait or keep on shooting. The railbirds are watching...so I really don't care what happens.

-If my opponent is on the hill, I sometimes take my stick apart (I know, taking my stick apart means a forfeit) BUT I am only taking my stick apart to change another shaft...lol...love that one, because I don't stick the shaft in the case, I lay it on the table and proceed to pull the other one. This works around the 7 ball, it's too obvious to do it on the 9.

-If I am playing an older gentleman, I like to speed up the game because I don't want him to be sitting. I do this with the local guy at the pool hall with a bad hip. Play to your advantage.

What are some of your favorite tactics?

Shame on you.

That, and repeating your own post, is about as well as I can say it without resorting to profanity or further demeaning you personally.

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
Run the table every time you have an opportunity and show a little class and humility whatever the outcome. This gets them every time.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My wife was reading this over my shoulder and she is now convinced that you and I are related somehow

You know its ever lasting love when your wife puts up with this kind of action.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I know sharking is bad etiquette but it's part of the game and it's an art within itself.

Here are some of the few tricks I get away from....

-When an opponent is shooting, depending on the pool hall, I would walk away and go grab a beverage. Sometimes they will stop and wait or keep on shooting. The railbirds are watching...so I really don't care what happens.

-If my opponent is on the hill, I sometimes take my stick apart (I know, taking my stick apart means a forfeit) BUT I am only taking my stick apart to change another shaft...lol...love that one, because I don't stick the shaft in the case, I lay it on the table and proceed to pull the other one. This works around the 7 ball, it's too obvious to do it on the 9.

-If I am playing an older gentleman, I like to speed up the game because I don't want him to be sitting. I do this with the local guy at the pool hall with a bad hip. Play to your advantage.

What are some of your favorite tactics?

That is where you are wrong, I don't shark or distract anyone playing.
Most serious players feel the same way. If you have to shark, chances are you are not winning

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sharking is one of the worst things you can do. Poor etiquette and lack of respect to the game and your opponents. Sure people are clueless enough to do it, but it isn't anything to be proud of. Respect the game and your opponent and play the table, and when its your turn get out of the way and keep quiet.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you guys are being sharked now. look at this dudes join date...2007 and just 39 posts......BS. Looks like a wannabe hustler looking to learn road tricks w/o paying his dues to me. Maybe PP has reincarnated himself....I dunno but this thread is kinda shakey.....Dan

More like a sleeper ID created long ago in the event of someone being banned. Or, perhaps similarly, a backup identity to provide a little make-believe moral support in whatever flame fests the primary might be engaged in.

Just sayin'.

Lou Figueroa

hapns

Registered
The only time I would ever talk while someone else is at the table shooting is if I'm playing a friend, and joking around.

ZekeCv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a person who does that same thing to me, except he's "smart" enough to take a picture of the table before he goes into the bathroom.

My form of sharking is just talking someone's ear off about stories that have nothing to do with the game or I would tell them there is another way to approach a shot. Not really sharking I guess. :rolleyes:

You know my friend does this, I swear its when he is getting really beat that he just followes me arround the table practicly talking into my ear about absolutely nothing. The only thing is, he talks like this normally anyways. But I have come close to loosing it beacuse he does not shut up and all I am trying to do is get into position to shoot and he will be in the way. I tought him how to play and never told him to do any d!ck moves like these..I believe they are for the people who are not confident enough in thier own game that they MUST throw the opponents game. Pathetic.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
You have to do the same to him. Thats male bonding, not totally unlike going fishing with your Pops.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My wife and I tease the heck out of each other sometimes when out on a Fri night playing some bar box, but its all in good fun.

I make up outrageous pool nick names for myself and tell her she is privileged to be playing against such a world champion.

I save the head under the covers, romantic farts for later.

just kick'n

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bs

I think this guy is just BS-ing everyone, trying to cop a little feed-back. lol

Why would someone "Rat" on himself like this?

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
I think this guy is just BS-ing everyone, trying to cop a little feed-back. lol

Why would someone "Rat" on himself like this?

If he was trying to be funny, it didn't work. Sarcasm and humor on the net is a art that must be honed.

Ok, I will bite and add something to this thread...

I heard of a guy who had a wooden leg and would ofter be cutting an apple or something while in this chair. When the time was right, he would make a violent stab into his wooden leg.

I don't know if it is true, but still a good little sharking story.