Your next shot?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Looks like some people need better screens...lol 1 ball is clearly by itself up the long rail. The cue ball is near the foot spot.

Stripes are screwed from where the CB lays. You could try the miracle 10 bank carom off the 5, but I'd bet against Alex or Efren on making that the first try.

Smart shot is a safe. Glance off the 15 one rail between the side pocket and the 1 ball. Leave it top rail in the corner. The only available shot for solids would be the cut on the 6. Everything else is covered or un-makeable from there.

If the opponent is world class or making everything then I'd probably swing for the very low percentage 15 in the side, and pray that I get perfect on the 10 to break out the 14.
Thanks for the reply.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like some people need better screens...lol 1 ball is clearly by itself up the long rail. The cue ball is near the foot spot.

Stripes are screwed from where the CB lays. You could try the miracle 10 bank carom off the 5, but I'd bet against Alex or Efren on making that the first try.

Smart shot is a safe. Glance off the 15 one rail between the side pocket and the 1 ball. Leave it top rail in the corner. The only available shot for solids would be the cut on the 6. Everything else is covered or un-makeable from there.

If the opponent is world class or making everything then I'd probably swing for the very low percentage 15 in the side, and pray that I get perfect on the 10 to break out the 14.
Can’t even screen shot the post. I clearly see the white part of the ball on the stripes. I clearly see the white part of the numbers on the solids. I do not clearly see the cue ball. And as others have confirmed, it’s not clearly visible at all. And if I need a better screen, tell Apple.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I still don't understand where the cue ball is.
The cue ball is between the foot spot and where the shooter's cue crosses the foot cushion. About 1/3 of the way from the foot spot to that crossing.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This layout offers more safety opportunities then runouts. Making the 15 and 10 is always there. Opening up the other two, is problematic.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Stripes is well behind in this rack, and the objective is to get another turn, One way that you can almost ensure it is to play a safe in which you knock the ten (or is it the fourteen, whatever is just below the fifteen ball) to where it blocks the six in the corner, Despite the presence of a couple of super-aggressive and super-tough offensive options here, I suspect that patience is most likely the formula to try to steal this rack.

Think I'd give four to one odds on the runout to any player that ever lived.

Last edited:

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like the way you think, I would most likely use the 10 ball though. The 15 keeps the 2 ball covered if you enter the corner slow. I think a half ball hit on the 10 and put them on the back of the 6 is a good shot. I think using 1/2 ball hits for defense shots are under rated for most players. You only have to figure out the speed for one ball with a half ball hit, they are going to travel the same distance no matter what.

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15 goes in the side. Cue ball bumps ten into long rail. Ten ball comes right back into cue ball. This leaves easy shot on ten, opening up 14. Very difficult to get on 12. I got out on fifth try. Getting cue ball behind the 12 is probably a better option.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play safe off the 10, go 2 rails up tight on the 12. Hit the 10 into the corner by the 6...for a breakout shot on the 14/5 later. If you miss the lock safe, you are still a big favorite.

Last edited:

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's actually easier then it looks, I've gotten out several times now. It's a low percentage proposition though. On the other hand, I was able to hide the cue behind the 12, three times in a row.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's actually easier then it looks, I've gotten out several times now. It's a low percentage proposition though. On the other hand, I was able to hide the cue behind the 12, three times in a row.
I agree, that's really the best bet.

By moving the 10 to the corner and locking them up...your odds are winning are much better than the hero out.

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bank the 10 in off the 5 a bit more than pocket weight. If it goes you should get out, if not the 5 is likely screwed.
This worked all three times I tried it. Not by running out, by playing safe. Once the ten went in off the five. Twice it stayed in the jaws, leaving good options for later. All three tries left opponent hooked behind 12.