Zero-X system???

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So if you had to pick one... is the book the way to go??? or the DVD's.

Opinions please. thanks

the price is right to get BOTH.....:thumbup:
you get the advantage of 2 forms of learning
the visual/audio of the dvds
and the mental of reading
plus there is some material in the dvd thats not in the book and vice versa

Youthbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thoughts

I'm in the middle of this right now, just did ten more racks (plus QB) yesterday.
I'm up to 55 racks/880 balls of stroke practice.
I can feel it working for me; I am starting to "groove" my stroke, and can tell when I am not executing properly. I can tell when I am jabbing at the ball, or not following through, or not staying down.
What is daunting is his admonition to not play while you are doing this drill. I have to admit I'm not doing as he advises; I HAVE to play! You know how it is!
I have noticed an improvement while playing, particularly with across/up/down the table shots, whether there is lots of green between the QB and OB, or when there is lots of green between the OB and the pocket. When I execute properly, I make the shot more often.
I think it is working, so I will see it through to the end, and plan to do it at a reduced level for as long as I shoot pool.
I'd advise people to at least try it for ten/twenty racks or so, and see what it does for them.
Jamnut,
I completely understand how monotonous not shooting games can be. Anyone who is serious about their game and has tried drills or practice to improve has absolutely been there. I don't doubt that you understand the purpose behind that method. I will say it anyways in case anyone else on here doesn't understand the method behind the madness.
When you are trying to re-invent your stroke, playing games in between that time can and will hinder your learning process. When you play games during that time, we are competitive by nature. We tend to break that new stroke just so that we can win our game or run out that rack. The Tor Lowry is a great instructor, but no matter who your instructor is, if you haven't 100% ingrained that new stroke into where you can do it unconsciously, then we tend to fall back into old habits just to win. Just my thoughts on it.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
Can someone help, where is the ball placement on the 3000 shot challenge??
You can put a ball on the foot spot and shoot it into one of the upper corners. Just the ball into the pocket. Don't shoot cue ball into and object ball into the pocket... If you want to tighten things up, use pocket reducers or set a ball on each side to make the path more narrow...... Get yourself a good pre-shot routine and do the same thing over and over..

bstroud

Deceased
I have been playing pool since I was 4 years of age. I am now 75.

I grew up on slow cloth and big pockets. It was necessary to have a powerful stroke to move the cue ball great distances. To develop that kind of power you needed to use a lot of wrist action.

When I returned to playing pool a few years ago much had changed. The cloth was very fast and the pockets were much smaller.

I tried to adjust and could still beat most people I played but it just wasn't good enough for me. I wanted to play even better.

I was having lots of problems with my eyes anyway so I stopped playing people for over a year to work on changing my stroke.

Fortunately for me at least I stumbled on Tors videos.

While the 5000 ball drill (boring) might not be right for everyone, if you want to undo bad habits and create new good ones it is the way to go.

My stroke went from an undependable wrist stroke to a straight back and straight through stroke without a lot of wrist action. Long straight in shots are now a cinch. No inadvertanly spinning of the cue ball.

I gave up a little power to gain complete accuracy. I now seldom miss a ball of any kind. Position is much more dependable.

Where I used to have a hard time beating the 10 ball Ghost now I win most of the time 10 to 1 or at worst 10 to 5.

I am now playing the best 10 ball I ever have and I attribute it to Tors ideas and my taking the time to study Shane on Youtube and the simple way he approaches position.

I hope my experience is of benefit to some of you that want to improve.

Bill S.