the best pool cue brand?

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Production cues: Based on playability vs price

action (the new low deflection stuff is very nice)
mcdermott (nice soft hit)
lucasi (harder hit, cooler designs)
joss (hard hit, more traditional designs)
schon the top end of production cues, but imo, overpriced)
elite (nice cues, nice materials. I sell alot of these in my room)
viking (decent cues, had some defect issues)
players (if it's straight when you get it, you're set)
meucci (if you get the 1 out of 10 that's good, it's a nice cue)
predator (love the shafts, but the cues are over priced)

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
just so you don't think i'm crazier than i really am......

You do know there is a scene in the movie where joker looks at a victim, and says "why so serious"

Yes, and that's why I posted that - I knew somebody would post a pic of the joker. Thanks for not letting me down:thumbup:
Jason<--- going to watch the dark night

eze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking everywhere but didn't find any information about pool cue brands.So I'd like to ask you to write your opinions about "what pool cue brand is the best?".If you want to you can make "TOP 10".I'd also like to know your opinion about the best cuemakers and their prices(if it's possible).
Thanks

I really think the 2 top ones are the miller lite one and the budwiser one.
And if you dont like them they make great kinlen for your fireplace.

breakshot

Collector/Serious player
Silver Member
Take it easy!I didn't ask you in particular!If you don't want to answer just don't do it!But don't write bull----, please.If you read my question you would know that I asked people to make their "top 10" of cue brands."Just do a little research before you respond!!!"

-It is the same question that has been asked a 1000 times before. Do you know how to use the search feature. if you did then you wouldn't have asked the same old redundant question.- you do the research- your the one asking the questions.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
-It is the same question that has been asked a 1000 times before. Do you know how to use the search feature. if you did then you wouldn't have asked the same old redundant question.- you do the research- your the one asking the questions.

If you can't see.... It was his FIRST POST. Thanks for being the forum police. I would imagine that almost every question has been asked before, so I guess they should just shut the forum down. Quit being a jerk.

sneaky_russian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Production cues: Based on playability vs price

action (the new low deflection stuff is very nice)
mcdermott (nice soft hit)
lucasi (harder hit, cooler designs)
joss (hard hit, more traditional designs)
schon the top end of production cues, but imo, overpriced)
elite (nice cues, nice materials. I sell alot of these in my room)
viking (decent cues, had some defect issues)
players (if it's straight when you get it, you're set)
meucci (if you get the 1 out of 10 that's good, it's a nice cue)
predator (love the shafts, but the cues are over priced)
Thanks!
That's the answer I was looking for!
I have older Joss myself and I think it hits a little too hard.
What should I do?

Tbeaux

Angelic Hotdog
Silver Member
1) McDermott- American made with Canadian wood, lifetime warranty,priced from $110-$2500.

2)Viking-nearly every major joint type available, will convert most all of their cues to a jump/break for extra $.

3) Jacoby-semi custom production/full custom.

4) Schon- see Jacoby ^.

others- Mezz , Fury, Scorpion, Cuetec (sponsored for free by Travis Trotter) , Dufferin,KF,Kwikfire,Longoni,Players, Mali,Predator, Tiger,OB,Falcon,etc

Really depends on what you want to pay and what you want as far as hit.

DID I mention ....MCDERMOTT has a LIFETIME WARRANTY!:thumbup:

sneaky_russian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you can't see.... It was his FIRST POST. Thanks for being the forum police. I would imagine that almost every question has been asked before, so I guess they should just shut the forum down. Quit being a jerk.
That's right!!!
Thanks for understanding!
Because of the guys like BREAKSHOT it's almost impossible to ask anything on forums.They always want to show how "smart" they are. :))

muttley76

"Time to GET BUSY...."
Silver Member
That's right!!!
Thanks for understanding!
Because of the guys like BREAKSHOT it's almost impossible to ask anything on forums.They always want to show how "smart" they are. :))

Don't sweat it. Re-posts happen. That is part of an internet discussion group. If someone hates it that much, they are in the wrong place, imo. Welcome to the forums, and I hope some of these answers help. And, for the record, Schons are probably the only production cue I would personally own, but hey, that is just me.

instroke75

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just curious, but why doesn't anyone ever put Pechauer on their list? They hit as good as any of the cues that have been named, and are very reasonably priced! Are they not considered a production cue?
I have hit with every cue on those list and would put my PS-17 up against any of them!

Jeremy

Last edited:

Bustah360

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon - great feel
Viking - great feel (best bang for your buck I think)
Predator - feel is subject to your taste but consistent, and waaaay over priced.
McDermott - another feel subject to your taste, but good quality for the price.
Meucci - Soft nice feel, but had a bad experience with their crappy ferrels always breaking. They didn't stand behind the product to replace it years back. Not sure if their conducting better business practice nowadays.

Hope this helps!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
What about Dale Perry? Or has he pi**ed so many people off with his internet sales?
Jason<---P-od he has a DP he can never sell.

rigmaster

my puppy is on the left!
Silver Member
Older Schon w/stiched joint collars 82-85 R Series $400 -$2000 16 to choose from!They all hit good and increase in value!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Thanks!
That's the answer I was looking for!
I have older Joss myself and I think it hits a little too hard.
What should I do?

Go with McDermott, they are tops in the medium hitting production cue market, plus they have a lifetime warranty.

sneaky_russian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schon - great feel
Viking - great feel (best bang for your buck I think)
Predator - feel is subject to your taste but consistent, and waaaay over priced.
McDermott - another feel subject to your taste, but good quality for the price.
Meucci - Soft nice feel, but had a bad experience with their crappy ferrels always breaking. They didn't stand behind the product to replace it years back. Not sure if their conducting better business practice nowadays.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for respond.
Don't you think that Schons are a bit overpriced too?And what do you think of predator shafts?