Custom Guitars and Pool Cues at Super Expo - who?

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not ready right now to do this, but would like to look into it -- I'm very interested in the idea of having a custom pool cue and a custom electric guitar made from the same / similar material and source. I saw a display at SBE earlier this year and have been wishing I grabbed a card. Anyone know who this was, or have any references for this?

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not ready right now to do this, but would like to look into it -- I'm very interested in the idea of having a custom pool cue and a custom electric guitar made from the same / similar material and source. I saw a display at SBE earlier this year and have been wishing I grabbed a card. Anyone know who this was, or have any references for this?

Isn't that Dan Dishaw?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzUAh7jvtqk

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those are great -- I'm pretty sure that was him. Thanks for the link and video...

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try this....

John@Robinsoncues.com

Greg is the son of Mr Robinson who is well known for making a fantastic cue. His passion is in guitars, but he is in the cue business with his dad also. I don't have it anymore but he had a really sweet coco guitar and a cue made with the same wood earlier this year. Give him a try.... I don't think you'll be dissappointed! Let me know if it works out.

td

Last edited:

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Just to confirm, it was Dan Dishaw at the SBE who had the guitar and cue display.

Fred

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes, it was Dan Dishaw. His guitars really looked nice. He should have brought an amp so I could have tried one of them out. They were listed for $3500 each.
Joe

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member
Dan Dishaw

Dan Dishaw is the man for the job. At the SBE he said Ted Nugent was looking into playing with one of his custom guitars and I know from experience he makes an awesome cue.

I nominate Ted Nugent for president.............TommyT

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Dan Dishaw is the man for the job. At the SBE he said Ted Nugent was looking into playing with one of his custom guitars and I know from experience he makes an awesome cue.

Well Dan's guitars were really freaking nice... I have to say.. I wish I played.

I'll second your nomination...

JV

tonmo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got it -- thanks everyone. Will let you know if/when I pull the trigger.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member

Attachments

• SSPX0333.jpg
    SSPX0333.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 355

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, that's the one..

I had deleted the pic he sent me. He had a really nice coco cue for sale that matched it the last I knew.

That is a beautiful guitar!!!

td

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow -- that is cool. Who is Greg?

Greg Robinson, son of John Robinson.... great cue maker of "playing off the rail" fame and many years of custom cue making. Greg is in the cue making business with his Dad, and he makes custom guitars as in the pic.
That is one of the sweetest I've ever seen!

His email is in my above post, or you can google robinson cues and get contact info from their site. I am not connected to them in any way. He just came to mind when I saw your post. Good luck.

td

dendweller

Dan Dishaw

He'd have to do a 23.5 inch scale

Zerksies

I have as guy that builds great guitars, but i don't know if i could trust the guy to build a high quality Cue.

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I imagine, a good cue, like a good guitar, is ‘where you find it’.
Many famous guitar players have had instruments ’custom made’ for them, and while they may have been indeed outstanding ‘works of art’, and played quite well, still, they never got used much (quote from a luthier/dealer trying to resell one: ”He didn’t get off on it”).