~ + ~ + ~ WTB - Tad Kohara Player ~ + ~ + ~

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey fellow AZ´ers,

i hope that there is anybody out there who will have a TAD Player for sale.
A good friend of mine wants one for Christmas and i am trying to help. :grin:

Here are some pics of cues that would fit, two of them are real Players with no points. Black or brown rings, no matter !
The other one would be a model 41 i think, but that could be to pricy. Please shoot me a PM with maybe a pic and a price :thumbup:

Thanks in advance for your time and help,
Erich

TadPlayer1.jpg

TadPlayer2.jpg

Tad41.jpg

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Two of the cues that are available are both TAD1M cues, a 1982 Custom and a 2007 Standard model.

sly_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Check EBay right now. 3 Tads up for sale. I am watching all of them...

I see 4 for sale on eBay. They seem like a circus act to me.
One seller has 1 feedback and doesn't know anything about the cue.
Look at questions people asked him and he replies, looks like a teenager selling his dads cue without permission. Another one is over $11,000 and has been on eBay a long time now. Another guy says he had the cue 20 years and he still didn't know much about it. Someone else has a nice one for sale and says there is a buy it now price, but there is no buy it now option and of course it is for sale locally so if he doesn't like the auction amount he will end it.

Do TAD cues make people go crazy?

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I see 4 for sale on eBay. They seem like a circus act to me.
One seller has 1 feedback and doesn't know anything about the cue.
Look at questions people asked him and he replies, looks like a teenager selling his dads cue without permission. Another one is over $11,000 and has been on eBay a long time now. Another guy says he had the cue 20 years and he still didn't know much about it. Someone else has a nice one for sale and says there is a buy it now price, but there is no buy it now option and of course it is for sale locally so if he doesn't like the auction amount he will end it.

Do TAD cues make people go crazy?

I did not include the 11K cue because of exactly what you said. I think the guy is dreaming.

The vintage Tad is interesting, but my bet is his reserve is too high.

The new plain jane Tad is a good deal if it stays at 1350. (I'd rather have the vintage plain jane Tad.)

The 41 Tad will most likely be pulled if the auction doesn't reach 3K+. I believe I've seen this one before and that's exactly what happened.

The best deal on a Tad and on AZ is kvinbrw's 8 point feathered butt Tad. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=166221

Good luck on your search.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I did not include the 11K cue because of exactly what you said. I think the guy is dreaming.

The vintage Tad is interesting, but my bet is his reserve is too high.

The new plain jane Tad is a good deal if it stays at 1350. (I'd rather have the vintage plain jane Tad.)

The 41 Tad will most likely be pulled if the auction doesn't reach 3K+. I believe I've seen this one before and that's exactly what happened.

The best deal on a Tad and on AZ is kvinbrw's 8 point feathered butt Tad. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=166221

Good luck on your search.

That cue WAS the best deal. It's a goner now.

Thanks

Kevin

sly_shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That cue WAS the best deal. It's a goner now.

Thanks

Kevin

Yeah, that cue looks sweet. I don't have the self control to not at least play a few games with a cue. I bought a Runde not long ago with only a few hits on one shaft. I had to play with each shaft for an hour. Keeping an unused cue, unused, isn't something I could do.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Yeah, that cue looks sweet. I don't have the self control to not at least play a few games with a cue. I bought a Runde not long ago with only a few hits on one shaft. I had to play with each shaft for an hour. Keeping an unused cue, unused, isn't something I could do.

Yes, it is very difficult to do. I have a unused gem of a cue. To make things even more difficult, I just had a brand new used Gold Crown installed in my living room! Try that for temptation.

Eventually I plan to use my cue. But before then I've put some conditions; 1) win a tournament so I feel worthy of wielding such a fine piece of wood or 2) have my medical device start up company become successful, then I could buy 10 more of these without thinking of the cost.

BTW, i prefer #2 :smile:

mair23

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Thanks to all of you for your help on the TAD question,
but i am still hoping i don´t have to buy it on ebay.
I will have no problem with paying a little bit more to an fellow AZ member :grin:
Waiting on offers, thx again
Erich

R.Paul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0