World Team Championship -- Where's Dennis Hatch?

jwilliams

Lapsus calami!
Silver Member
I haven't been on here much lately so maybe I missed this, and if so then I apologize.

But I noticed they're having the World Team Championship tournament in Germany at the end of the month, and out of curiosity downloaded the team listings.
So I look to see who's playing for the USA and much to my surprise, while everyone else from the USA Mosconi cup team is listed (which is awesome) there was no Dennis Hatch!

Does anyone know why Dennis isn't on the list? Is he not going, or is this just an oversight? It would very much be a shame if our MVP for the Mosconi cup isn't able to go as well...not to mention greatly reduces our chances.

Anybody know anything they'd care to share?

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
A Job?

Hatch looks to me like one of those guys that actually *shudder* have a job.

Anyone know?

He plays lights out that's for sure.

Thanks

Kevin

Jerry Forsyth

The invitations for the World Team event went out about a month before the Mosconi Cup was held. Invitations went to the top four ranked players in the US according to the BCA rankings. Hatch was not in the top four.

jwilliams

Lapsus calami!
Silver Member
The invitations for the World Team event went out about a month before the Mosconi Cup was held. Invitations went to the top four ranked players in the US according to the BCA rankings. Hatch was not in the top four.

Ah...ok...that explains it...

Thanks for the info Jerry!

Definitely a shame though...that team has great chemistry!

~J