CSI in Muncie

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My take, on the CSI stop in Muncie. After the initial introductions, Earl started off the show, doing a few trick shots. He then does a few of his stroke shots, {which I have to say, he should do more of} that are pretty incredible. The table he was on, I practice on pretty regular. The pockets are not cut right, and tend to be a little difficult at times, spitting out balls that should go. Earl was hammering some of the stroke shots in, and it was amazing. I've been watching Earl play, since back in the mid 80's, and he's still a shot making machine.

John Schmidt was in the bar when I arrived, and we chatted a bit. He had pulled something in his neck earlier in the day, and was having trouble even bending over to shoot a shot. One of the guys from our league is a Chiropractor, and gave him an adjustment, allowing him to do his part of the show. John showed the crowd a few things about position play, and how to stay on the proper side of a shot. Then did a challenge match with one of the locals.

They did some scotch doubles matches next, with each local getting a Pro player for a partner. I can tell you for a fact, that the local people, were extremely excited to get a chance to play pool with these 2 Champions. They must have played about 6 or 7 games of Scotch doubles.

They both stuck around for about an hour afterwards, chatting and signing autographs. I have been around a lot of pro players thru the years, and seen how the different ones related to the public. These 2 gentlemen, did a great job, of getting the crowd involved. I would be willing to bet, if the show was gonna happen again tomorrow, most would pay the cover to come watch again, and have the chance to talk with them.

From what I know of this tour, it's still new, and evolving. As with any show, there will be changes made along the way, to make it better. But in my opinion, this exhibition is well worth the money we paid to get in. Some people play pool for years, never getting to see a Pro player in person, {thinking the local guy who runs 1 rack of 8 ball is Pro caliber} and here we have 2 U.S. Open Champions shooting balls and chatting with the crowd. I honestly think this will be good for pool, and helpful for the Pro players too. Keep up the good work fella's.

I know some people will criticize, and complain. You're entitled to your opinion. But this is mine. Have a great day. :)

Krypto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Agree

I enjoyed reading your post and appreciate you sharing the information. Some friends of mine had a similar experience with John here in Birmingham, Alabama. He is a very talented player that is also a super guy and a great ambassador for our sport. I hope he returns to our area again very soon.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
Thanks Satman, we had a great time at Big Shots. Some really nice people there and I hope that we can come back again soon. Of course we can't get out and do these things without people like Felix at Bigshots, CSI the team sponsor, Neilsen Billiards, Sterling Gaming and people at the pool rooms like you who support what we are trying to do.

I had so many people thank me in Muncie and tell me that this was thefirst time theyhad got tosee real champions in person. That made all of us happy because thats exactly what we are trying to do, we are trying to bring top pro pool players to places and people that usually don't get to see this kind of thing.

Together with CSI, we want to bring the professionals and the amatur players together so we can build a relationship.

Thanks again,
Mark

Last edited:

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just so you know

Thanks Satman, we had a great time at Big Shots. Some really nice people there and I hope that we can come back again soon. Of course we can't get out and do these things without people like Felix at Bigshots, CSI the team sponsor, Neilsen Billiards, Sterling Gaming and people at the pool rooms like you who support what we are trying to do.

I had so many people thank me in Muncie and tell me that this was thefirst time theyhad got tosee real champions in person. That made all of us happy because thats exactly what we are trying to do, we are trying to bring top pro pool players to places and people that usually don't get to see this kind of thing.

Together with CSI, we want to bring the professionals and the amatur players together so we can build a relationship.

Thanks again,
Mark

As I was leaving last night, I stopped and talked with one of my friends. He used to hang out in my first pool room I owned, back in 1991. He was telling me,"he had always wanted to see Earl play in person". Had seen him on tv a lot, but had never been to a Pro event. Let's just say, he was really excited to see Earl, {as he put it} right here in Muncie. There are not very many events close to here, where the local players get a chance to see real Professional players, and especially U.S. Open Champions with an opportunity to hit a few balls with them. So, what you guys are doing, is absolutely a great thing for pool.
Maybe one day, we'll see a real Pro tour, with events widely publicized and televised, so more people can watch the best players in the world.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
As I was leaving last night, I stopped and talked with one of my friends. He used to hang out in my first pool room I owned, back in 1991. He was telling me,"he had always wanted to see Earl play in person". Had seen him on tv a lot, but had never been to a Pro event. Let's just say, he was really excited to see Earl, {as he put it} right here in Muncie. There are not very many events close to here, where the local players get a chance to see real Professional players, and especially U.S. Open Champions with an opportunity to hit a few balls with them. So, what you guys are doing, is absolutely a great thing for pool.
Maybe one day, we'll see a real Pro tour, with events widely publicized and televised, so more people can watch the best players in the world.

It's great to hear about Earl putting on a good show. Let's hope he can take that same good attitude to tournament play....

EZMoney

Could this be your money?
Silver Member
Earl the pure stoke Ambassador

I'm glad to hear you found this tour excelling your expectations. There's only a hand full of people that can do stroke shots like Earl. He's exceptional. Sounds like the pros had an equally good time, that's great.

bfdlad

T-Wheels
Silver Member
I'm glad to hear you found this tour excelling your expectations. There's only a hand full of people that can do stroke shots like Earl. He's exceptional. Sounds like the pros had an equally good time, that's great.
Yes both John and Earl had a great time. As did I. John and I endedup getting hustled right before we left for about $30.00 by the owners wife and two of her friends.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe

Yes both John and Earl had a great time. As did I. John and I endedup getting hustled right before we left for about $30.00 by the owners wife and two of her friends.

Just maybe, you need to get some lessons from Earl, and you won't get hustled Mark. HA HA......